“Alluring since my teens”

Old Thatched Cottage
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Sheffield
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Alluring since my teens”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I have always wanted to see inside the place but when I finally did decades later it hadn't the allure I once thought it had until I started eating the food. It was amazing but the downside was that it was too expensive.

Visited September 2013

Staffs UK
“Not bad for lunch, but not high on our list.”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Went for our lunch while visiting, and while the service was good, we weren't impressed with the fish and chips. Not sure what fish it was, but it seemed 'economy' to us. May have been something expensive of course, but would have preferred good old cod or haddock and we were pretty sure it wasn't either of those.

1 Thank Fatwolf
“Beautiful”
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely a diamond in Weston...this place has lovely staff, perfect service and beautiful food...my first time here and for my birthday this was perfect...definetly go again!

1 Thank Liza403
Wiltshire UK
“Nice place, shame about the.....”
Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

We escaped in to escape the rain and have a light snack. The place had a great visual appearance, but despite being almost empty, we had to wait for almost 15 mins to be given a menu. When it arrivevd our "afternoon tea" was surprisingly large and varied. Most enjoyable however the service needs immediate attention.

1 Thank The-Spa-Collection
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I cannot fault this place at all. Drinks reasonably priced food was absolutely exceptional. Service was quick and all done with a smile. I must admit it was not busy but I would most certainly go there again. The Kleftico and Salmon was what we had and was all to die for.