“Basic but clean”
Review of The Bear Inn

The Bear Inn
“Basic but clean”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

We had one nights stay Saturday for scooter rally weekend. We received a friendly reception and found the room was small and basic but also very clean. The entrance was on the side and our room was over it. The pub shut at 12.00 but was still lot of noise from street not pubs fault just busy night I guess. Would have been better if wasn't so hot and needed window open but again for one night was fine wouldn't have liked to be there much longer though. The location was good and pub looked ok inside just didn't get time to try it out. Would suit younger people we like more comfort but for a night ok.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2014

My friend and I were attending the National Scooter Rally at Weston, we stayed here for two consecutive nights. Whilst the room was extremely 'basic' it was clean to a very high standard. The bathroom was exactly the same. The shower was rather sparing, and very slow, but it worked with perserverance. The building itself is obviously periodic, in-keeping with the Town itself. Yes, it was tired, but for twenty pounds per night, the manager was very lovely and the breakfast looked delicious, even though we did not have the time to sample any. Cheap and cheerful! I would saty there again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for one night with our two pugs! On arrival we were greeted with a bowl
Of water for the dogs by a really nice friendly guy who after we had a drink showed us to our room upstairs
I have to admit from the outside my expectations of the room itself were not very high but I have to admit I wasn't disappointed at all
It was clean, tidy, comfortable etc
The shower worked well

The only thing I would advise to anyone visiting is take a fan with you for your room - it is a very very hot building and we struggled to sleep past 5am from the heat

It is July and we are in the middle of a heat wave but it was just too hot in the room for us and the pugs

WHEN I go back I will take a fan with us - would 100% definitely go back here

It was absolutely brilliant to be able to go away for the night and take the pugs with us

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Marilyn R
Bristol
Reviewed July 23, 2014

Stayed overnight with my partner as she wanted to have a few drinks on the night so wouldn't be able to drive back the same night. We decided to book this place as we found it online and it was the cheapest room available anywhere. We paid £52 altogether for a standard double room and breakfast. We didn't expect much for what we paid and it is pretty much what you think it will be. The staff are friendly enough and we didn't have any problems with the room, very basic with tea/coffee making facilities and the shower was fine. It is only a short walk from the pier and the town so location-wise it's excellent. We got back from having a few drinks at around 12 and the pub was shut, no problems with the side-door that they give you a key to as you arrive. Breakfast was a very nice English cooked breakfast, but at the same time I've had the same from other cafe's for £3 so maybe could be cheaper. All in all is as you would expect, would go back again if we wanted another cheap stay in Weston as for that it's ideal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Bradford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Chose this accommodation because staying in Weston Super Mare is not cheap. The bar, staff and owners were very friendly. In the middle of re-furbishing so not the cleanest of places. Room was clean, bed comfortable, clean bedding and towels. Plenty of tea and coffee. Will use again just to go to the bar.

Room Tip: I had room one, but all the rooms are different. would suggest a twin not a double if you want spac...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night for a concert on the beach. Was a bit weary as never stayed in a 2 star. However I was really impressed it was basic which is what you would expect, large room and bathroom all very clean. I am funny about showers but was fine.

We did not mention breakfast which was probably my error but in the morning we thought we would go down for breakfast however the main doors down to the pub were locked so could only go out exit out the back. So we just delivered the keys back through and hoped was ok.

Pub was nice, everyone was very welcoming would definitely return. The other views have to remember it is a 2 star don't stay there if u expect a 4 star.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed for one night at The Bear Inn whilst working at Weston super Mare.
I booked a room at a competitive price at just £25 for a single room, and whilst I was pleased to get such a good price, was rather apprehensive regarding what to expect.

The exterior has probably seen better days, but nonetheless was well kept inside. Very friendly and welcoming staff. The venue asks for bank-card details as security against damages, whilst I appreciate the reasoning behind this it did perturb me slightly.

The room itself was the basic option at £25, but nonetheless I felt the room was clean and tidy, ample tea and coffee and good bathroom. If I'm being honest the mattress had seen better days, but still had a good night's sleep.

If you are after value for money, I feel the Bear is a good place to stay and would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014