“Home from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Uphill Manor

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Weston super Mare
Uphill Manor
hampshire, england
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We have just spent a weekend at Uphill Manor and had the most fantastic, relaxing time. The welcome was outstanding and nothing was too much trouble. Home made biscuits and tea/coffee were available any time and the rooms were just perfect with comfortable beds, a quiet relaxing library, excellent choice of breakfast and acres of land to wander around just to gather your thoughts. We were treated like long lost friends. We would highly recommend the Manor and it's owners to anyone who visits Weston Super Mare.

Room Tip: There are a few steps up to each of the bedrooms but all the rooms are comfortable, quiet and well w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Auchterarder, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a low profile super B&B. I've been going to WSM once or twice a year on business for the last 20 years, and had never heard of it. This visit, at the beginning of September, the B&B I usually stay was full; I tried a nearby hotel; they couldn't take me, and they arranged this. What a find! It's everything the other reviewers have said. A little bit of country in the town, and such a lovely couple running it. I shall be back!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Evesham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is the most fantastic B&B I've ever stayed in. The whole house is just beautiful, the rooms are large and we had the biggest bathroom I have ever seen. There is free WiFi, fresh milk, chocolates (which were topped up while we were out), homemade shortbread. Everything you could want, including the most lovely owners who were really welcoming and friendly. The breakfast was really delicious too. I would love to go back one day :)

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
dorset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

My second stay at this lovely b and b whilst on business in Weston.It's just on the outskirts of town and is very easy to find. The house is lovely and the welcome is too. The rooms are huge with good facilities such as free WiFi. I loved the shortbread in the room (homemade of course), there is fresh milk cooled in a flask and even a bottle of radox in the bathroom.such lovely touches this really is a home from home. Beautiful gardens too, you really have to see this place to believe it. The breakfast is superb, eggs from their own hens and homemade granola. I will definitely be back :)

• Stayed September 2013
Cardiff
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I decided last minute to drive to western super mare for the bank holiday, we walked around the town centre for two hours to find a place to stay as they were nearly all fully booked.
The only hotels that were available were dirty and unwelcoming and asking £80 per night, so we decided to drive further out of town in the hope that we would find better quality accommodation within a short taxi drive into the town centre.
We only got approx. one mile away and my wife noticed the Uphill Manor. We drove up the long drive to the reception of this magnificent manor and from the moment we rang the door bell to the moment we left (the following day) it was out of this world!!
In my job, I stay in many hotels around the country but I have NEVER been in a place that was so welcoming.
The land lady (Tina) made us tea as we settled in and she served it in the library where we could read all about the history of this manor while looking out to the fantastic gardens.
It was an instant chill out.
Our room was spotless and decorated in good taste with some personnel touches you don`t get any where else.
There is a well stocked bar and as for breakfast.......Well......The best I ever had with home cooked bread, free range eggs from their own chickens and a choice of fruit better than you get at waitrose!
Tina and Graig (her husband) were great and I will go back in the winter just to sample the wonderful fire places through out the manor and I would recommend this place to royalty.

Room Tip: All rooms will be good, but recommend you book as we were just lucky on the day
Redditch, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

Our first visit to this charming establishment but will not be the last. The owners were so welcoming nothing to much trouble for them, Breakfast the best I've had in a long time, beds to die for and loved the quirky bathroom with stairs to no where. The grounds are outstanding you could spend a few hours just walking around them. No need for hotels with b/b's like this . Perfect
place and cant wait to return

Room Tip: I would say all the rooms would be good
Glos
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

We travel around quite a bit, and this is one of few places we re-visit, quiet and relaxed but just a short walk into town. I can only reiterate everything the previous reviews have said, it is really one of those places you want to keep a secret, but Tina and Craig are such excellent hosts, that would be selfish. Thank you both.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple