An elegance from another age, even its name conjures up opulent Victorian tea parties held in the lofty suites at this seafront hotel, before the ladies took a stroll along the front in their long dresses and feathered hats. OK, in 2014 we arrived in the mother of all storms, with a massive puddle in the midAdle of the car park and the wind literally whipping us into the hotel lobby! We were greeted by perhaps the most friendly and genuine reception staff I have ever come across! They were great! Our room wasn't quite so brilliant - tucked through a side corridor off the main corridor, and next to a room which must have been a private flat - as it had a proper front door lock on it. Our room was quite small and dark, with a view over a flat roof with the (rather rusty) air con machines dotted over the dipping tarmac. There was also a fire exit through the bathroom window on to the roof. But the room was very warm, and very quiet, which was a bonus. The public areas of the hotel are in good repair, if a little clinical and without much decor of interest. But the imposing gothic building itself with its high windows and ornate ceilings more than made up for it. Breakfast was good, although prepared plates en masse and so fresher if you get down there early (and not be lazybones like us!). I think the hotel specialises in coach breaks for older people, as we felt very young even though we are in our late 40s! Not a bad feeling!! There was live entertainment a la 1970s one evening, which attracted a large crowd! But it was nice to sit in the warm behind one of the huge windows and watch the stormy weather while enjoying a glass of wine and some cheese and biscuits (ordered at the bar).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Grand Atlantic Hotel you’ll find a magnificent turreted period property typical of the historic resort of Weston-super-Mare. The hotel stands in an excellent position on the town’s seafront, just a stone’s throw from a safe sandy beach. As well as its proximity to the town, the Grand Atlantic Hotel makes an excellent base from which to explore the West Country. The Hotel houses all of the amenities and facilities you would expect from a Coast and Country venue. In addition, our staff will offer you a warm, friendly welcome, and ensure that your stay is as relaxing and memorable as possible. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your The Grand Atlantic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Atlantic Weston Super Mare
- Grand Atlantic Hotel Weston Super Mare
- Hotel Grand Atlantic