“one of the best stays in 30 years”

Florence Guest House
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Sharon and Peter are one of the most welcoming people we have met.-Lovely food.smashing bed,secure as can be parking,-around the corner from the beach,lovely grub,lunch or evening meals not far away at all,(We went to The Thatched Cottage,expensive but really nice, 3 minutes walk,)-Will be going back.(if they will have me,ha ha )All the best to Sharon and Peter,see you soon and a Big Thank you from Sian and John from Drybrook,Forest of Dean(Cant find that foil for the windows yet)

Room Tip: Room number 4
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Florence Guest House

Reviewed January 11, 2014

Just finishing my stay here at Florence's guest house. I am astounded that I only had to pay £30 a night for such a lovely room and such excellent service. The owners really can't do enough for you to make your stay comfortable yet they are unobtrusive. The rooms are spotless and have everything you could want or need. The breakfast is excellent (even for vegetarians like me!) I really can't fault this place.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Sharon and Peter made us feel really welcome. We needed a short break away and could not have chosen anywhere better. The room was extremely comfortable and there was a great choice of breakfast to suit all needs. In particular we were really pleased that the Guest House was so close to the beach and the town, giving us the opportunity for both pleasant walking and shopping nearby, The choice of places to eat was great as well and we would most certainly like to return to this lovely place and recommend it to our friends.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I emailed the guest house a day before I was due to arrive asking if I could drop my bags off before the check in time. They said that wasn't a problem. I arrived just past midday (check in at 2) to drop my bags off and was told that the room was ready and I could check in now. Fantastic service!

We received a very warm and friendly welcome, the room was lovely. The four poster bed was very comfortable and the breakfast the next day was plentiful and lovely!

I will definitely stay here again if I need to stay in Weston.

Room Tip: All rooms are on suite. The guest house is three storey so ask for a specific room if you don't...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We only stopped for one night on our way to St Ives. Centrally located but no designated parking area. Pay and display at the rear is reasonable at £5.40 for 24 hours. We were in room 4 which was lovely and clean with a comfy king size bed. However after a night on leg bender cider I was in the mood for a hearty breakfast. Sadly one rasher of bacon, one sausage, one hash brown, one egg a table spoon of beans and a few mushrooms served on a plate not much bigger than a saucer was simply not what I expected for the money spent. Bed half is 5 out of 5, it's the breakfast part that is sadly lacking.

Room Tip: Room 4 has recently been refurbished.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Myself and 2 friends stayed here on 30th Aug and 6th Sept to break up a journey to Newquay. The place is a little gem, clean, friendly and great location. Sharon and Pete are wonderful people. The hospitality tray in your room is a welcome addition. Fresh cooked breakfast to order,cereal,fruit and juice together with as much tea, coffee and toast you can eat. Ps - wonderful fried eggs Pete.

Thank you both for your hospitality and welcome smile.

Christina, Sheila and John

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We booked here last minute for 1 night, Sharon and Peter were very accommodating putting a small futon bed in the double room for my 2 year old. There was still plenty of room to love around, the room itself was very clean and tidy, also had a lot of stuff on the tea tray ( with very nice biscuits). Breakfast was cooked perfectly and just the right amount given. Overall a very pleasant nights stay will defiantly be returning

• Stayed: August 2013