“Good location”

Ranked #5 of 28 Hotels in Weston super Mare
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good location”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Just stayed at the premier inn on 15/11/13 with my 2 children. The location is great, the restaurant attached is very welcoming and the breakfast was good. My only complaint is that the hot breakfast items kept running out !.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (279)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Stayed two nights Fri - Sun 08-10 November 2013.
The first thing you notice there is no parking except for pay car parks, so unless you want to pay for parking which is very near, you have to find find free parking on the side streets.
On arrival the reception as in the reception desk and surrounding foyer area is very small and with large groups booking in it's not very practicle the queues can be lengthy and the wait considerable. However, the staff are very pleasant and helpful. Lifts to all floors is good, the rooms are very clean and as this is a newly opened Inn you would expect that. The room has all you would expect the bed was comfortable and plenty of pillows etc.
The room (304) was unfortunately quite noisy 'one' it was next to the stairs and children playing ( without any supervision) jumping up and down the stairs made the room noisey, 'two' if you leave the heating on during the night it is vey noisy the sound appears to come through the heating vent from the Hotels heating pump, once you turn the heating off the room is very quiet, Except for what appears to be a pump room two floors below which I have no idea is? But regularily kicks in throughout the night at intervals. Food and drink on the ground floor is not cheap from breakfast to late night drinks you can most certainly find better value elswhere.
For a Premier Inn at £73.00 a night (early booking room only) I think it expensive compared to a Travelodge as such, But you are on the seafront so I expect you pay for this. The stay thanks to the friendliness of the staff was pleasant, as for value for money? Not so. Would I stay there again? No, but for some who may have a better budget than me, I am sure you will find your stay very pleasant.

Room Tip: If groups of people are checking in or out you will find you have a lengthy wait. The reception alth...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Roger187047
Wells Uk
Reviewed November 16, 2013

Having stayed at another Premier Inn which I found excellent in every way I have to say my experience at this venue fell below expectations. On arrival (around 5.30/6.00 p.m.) reception was unattended and another couple were already using the automated check in machine. After a little while a staff member returned to the desk, helped the first couple and then courteously attended to me but the wait was irritating and therefore got us off on the wrong foot. The receptionist also failed to point out that the lighting in the room was made "live" by placing the key card in a retainer just inside the door and as I had never encountered this system before I trekked back down to reception to report what I assumed was a fault. As with other reviewers I found the parking situation here both expensive and inconvenient especially having to rise early in the morning to purchase a valid day ticket at 8 a.m. Finally as my companion and I had made our visit to attend a concert locally we were somewhat disappointed to find that the bar closed promptly at 11 p.m. giving us time for only one "nightcap" drink having directly returned to the hotel from the concert. In every other way standards of cleanliness and value for money etc. were excellent in line with my previous Premier Inn experiences.

Room Tip: There are quite a few stairs to encounter even if you are only on the first floor so if you are aver...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Middlewich, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was going to give this hotel an excellent rating, but decided to reduce it because of the parking situation.
First of all, the many positives:
My room on the 4th floor was great - quiet, clean and typical of a Premier Inn. In my experience, all of the cleaners in this hotel chain do a fantastic job.
The staff are great, especially in the attached restaurant, and the quality of the breakfast was first class.
But unfortunately the recommended parking (which is a pay-and-display car park in the same street) is excessively expensive at £10 a day. Yes, you can park for £4 overnight as a hotel guest, but this cheap rate starts too late at 18.00 (why not 17.00?) and ends at 09.30. There is no free parking nearby. Plus the pay machines don't take debit or credit cards, just cash - and this is a brand new car park, so why no cards?
Anyway, I loved the hotel which was perfectly located for visiting my cousin.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Simon H
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stayed four nights at this hotel. I had a very nice sea view room. It was clean and comfortable and good value for money. I didn't mind the parking situation as I was only there at night and parked in the multi storey. I was unaware of a lone female guest policy so don't know if I was accommodated or not. Being alone, I did have difficulties in the restaurant. I didn't find the staff there very polished and at times they were off hand to the point of almost rudeness. Having to decide what I wanted for breakfast before being seated was off putting. Once I lost my table when I went to place and order and hadn't left anything there to show it was taken. The second time, I lost my breakfast when I went to get more coffee. It was just cleared away. More care and notice is needed. Also having waitress service to top up coffee would be nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Tipton
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Had a 2 night stay at this new hotel. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Room very nice, a good size. Decor, bathroom, bed and linen all spotless. Think the sound proofing in the rooms is extremely good, probably the first time I have not been woken by other guests opening and closing doors, loos flushing etc. Hotel is in a great spot for the seafront and the town. Breakfast in the Brewers Fayre (attached to hotel) is good value for money.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Very clean and tidy room friendly staff and the eat as much as you want breakfast was superb .... easy to walk into town centre and pier good value the only downside was trying to park the carparks only let you park for up to 6 hours in day time so moved the car a couple of blocks away and street parked not ideal but worked better than paying £14 maybe they could get you a ticket that allows you to park and leave your car without keep on going back to feed a meter would recommend this to anyone !

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family