“Harry & Emma's Weekend Away”

Camellia Lodge Guest House
Camellia Lodge Guest House
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Harry & Emma's Weekend Away”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had a perfect weekend get away at the Camellia Lodge Guest House. The room was faultless and the owners were delightful, making sure everything was okay and serving us up a lovely breakfast. A quick walk to the town and the seafront was enjoyable (when not raining!). We would definitely come back!

Harry and Emma

Room Tip: Number 4 doesn't have a bath, but the shower is very nice.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Bridgend
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here with my friends on New Years Eve, wonderful place. Very welcoming and perfect host. Rooms were so homely and had everything you could need. Breakfast was amazing, all fresh and plenty to choose from. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
consettgashead
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I realised yesterday that I've stayed at the Camellia Lodge so often that I've stopped thinking about it - and have never written a trip advisor review for it. The fact that my wife and I just book it again each time says it all. This is home from home so I've almost stopped seeing it as a commercial transaction!

I go to Weston often to visit family, and the town is not over-supplied with excellence in the Bed and Breakfast line. I've been to quite a few before settling on the Camellia Lodge and I think it's exceptional. Bernie and John are excellent hosts, friendly, and welcoming but not intrusive. The two bedrooms we seem to alternate between are pleasantly furnished, spacious, with a very comfortable double bed and well supplied with bottled water, tea, coffee, chocolate biscuit and even soup. Room 1 is particularly spacious with a sofa and nice if you're looking to chill out in your room.

Breakfast is excellent with a very wide choice of cooked breakfasts, beautifully presented, and a range of fruit and yoghurts.

I asked Bernie how long she'd been running the B&B. Nine years. I've quite often stayed at B&Bs which have recently started and where they are bright eyed, bushy tailed and eager to please. It doesn't always last. That Bernie and John run the Camellia Lodge the way they do is evidence that they are naturals at it. Or as Bernie put it, "I just love people".

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank consettgashead
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here for 3 days while having a break, was welcomed very nicely and was settled in almost immediately, both the owners know how to treat there guests and the breakfast was absolutely fantastic each morning with a choice of everything, the room we had was very spacious and comfortable , camellia lodge met all our needs , we will definitely be booking again, thanks john and bernie for looking after us, greatly appreciated :-)

Room Tip: We had room 3 on top floor which was large , more than enough and all the little extras made us feel...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Graham E
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This stay was booked by a friend who stays here as she has a dog, so I was a little worried on what the place would be like. Well all I can say is I couldn't of asked for more. My room was cosy but had more than enough of the little extras to keep me going. Bed hard to leave it as it was so comfortable, I had a long hot shower every day and had plenty of space to move around not cramped like most en-suites and again loads of nice extras provided. My TV went pop told Bernie at breakfast had a new one on wall when I returned from another super day out. I can say just this on the breakfast superb one of the best i have ever had and so much choice if you do not want a cooked or be naughty and go for a bit of everything. The B & B was spotless and the welcome was very warm.

Would I go back? Like a shot. Thank you Bernadette hope to see you soon

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank BradP3167
worcestershire
Reviewed September 23, 2012

lovely warm welcome, clean and excellent value for money... the breakfast was first class.
the owners bernie and john went out of their way to serve and help us with anything we needed. I would reccommend highly and we will be going back!! A+++++++++++++++

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank belinda m
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I've been here once before and could it get better, well the answer is yes and no,The rooms have been updated to a high standered with a lot of personal touches, the food just suberb like a five star hotel, the feeling of being welcome is wonderful, there is nothing to want for and if for some reason there is Bernadette and John go out there way to do it, nothing is too much trouble.you just feel pampered. I have never felt this good in any hotel / b+b I've ever been to.
You can see Bernadette and John are very proud of their Guest house it is spotless so could it be better..no...just to keep doing what they do best.
This was a great a great week end all round 15/16 sept.
Bernadette and John thank you again.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo