“Beautiful food, great service, lovely atmosphere.”
Review of Oak and Glass Restaurant - CLOSED

Oak and Glass Restaurant
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Owned and run by our head Chef Amy Hunt the Oak and Glass restaurant is set in the stunning oak panelled room with its 2 open fires and the spacious surroundings of the newly rebuilt conservatory. Amy has worked with some of the countries finest chefs, from Raymond Blanc at Le Manoir aux Quat' Saisons to John Campbell at The Vineyard to name only a few, her menu's are modern British, and make the most of fresh local ingredients all year round. Amy and her team not only create fine food but also create a complete and personal experience. Your time with us should be relaxed and memorable from the moment you arrive, with every detail tailored to your needs.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

The service is second to none here. You're welcomed at the door, offered a comfy seat to have some tasty free canapés, then lead to a superb little restaurant to experience dining at its best. No, the portions aren't huge, but if you're not a greedy guts who thinks frequent visits to an all you can stuff down your throat type establishment is the height of cuisine, then you'll leave pleasantly satisfied instead of waddling out in a food coma. The food is delicious and obviously prepared with a great deal of love. Whatever you do, don't skip dessert. I'm not a sweet fan, in general, but the desserts here are to die for. The staff are lovely, nothing is too much hassle and they are attentive but not overbearing. The only issue with this place is, it's so relaxing you won't want to leave.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I went to this restaurant for the first time with two friends for lunch, I was so impressed and I loved the whole atmosphere, the decor and especially the food, absolutely 1st Class. Very good menu. Very pleasant staff. Looking forward to going again!

Reviewed March 5, 2014

I booked this restaurant for my husband's 60th birthday party and I am so glad I did. The menu was planned around our requests, and we were given a very good range of dishes to choose from, including five different starters, four mains including traditional roast beef, pan fried bream (my husband loves fish!), and a lovely vegetarian option all followed by some heavenly desserts. All the planning went very smoothly with the restaurant making some good suggestions for welcome drinks and wine, and they arranged the tables how I wanted. We were all made to feel very welcome and they even put my decorations up for me to make it feel like a real party. I have eaten here on several occasions and have never been disappointed, the standard of the food is always very high and this party was no exception. I would definitely use the restaurant again for a family occasion, it made life so much easier for me and the vast majority of my guests were very complimentary.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

I visited this restaurant last Sunday for a family friend's birthday party. Whilst the venue is lovely, and the food I had (melon and parma ham starter, roast beef main and brownie with pecan ice cream) was brilliant, I felt that the service was really poor and let the restaurant down.

I think that the main problem was that the place was understaffed for a party of about 30, because of this it took a long time for all our food to be brought out. The vegetables were placed on the table first and left to get cold whilst it took ages for everyone to receive their main course.
Also, the timing of the service wasn't that great. Five minutes after receiving our mains, we were asked if we wanted more vegetables, then, about halfway through the servers started clearing up dishes that were clearly not finished...very irritating! At the end, some of us were left without tea or coffee (don't know if the waitresses forgot) and, again, had to wait for this to be sorted out. When it came to pay, one of our party actually had to go find someone to man the till!
One final problem was that my parents were sat out in the conservatory where part of the roof leaked, my mum wasn't sure why her serviette kept getting wet!

All this, combined with a lack of parking (which admittedly isn't the restaurant's fault, but makes it very difficult for patrons) means that I wouldn't recommend this restaurant for a party or large event, and I doubt that I'll be returning.

1  Thank kittycatem
AmyHunt, Owner at Oak and Glass Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

Dear reviewer

Thank you for you review, we are disappointed to hear you didn't enjoy the whole experience. We take all negative feedback very seriously, and look very closely into the circumstances behind them to try and prevent it happening again.

Your rating and comments are not consistent with the system or standard we set for ourselves, and in fact also not consistent with the very positive feedback we have received from the organiser of the party you attended, and other guests on the day, so it came as a big surprise to all of us to read such negative comments.

As a team, all we can do is try to meet everyone’s varied expectations to the best of our ability, no matter how big or small the group. As a venue that frequently caters for big group bookings, and is thankful to receive consistently positive feedback for them, we can only apologise for your personal experience if we fell short for you.

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Fine Dining at its best. We came for the Valentine's Dinner and it was exceptional. Food quality and presentation outstanding. Has to be the best restaurant in Weston. The staff are lovely, very helpful and attentive. A great relaxing experience. Had not been for dinner before. Understand they are closing for dinner March 1, for maternity leave, good luck Amy. You will certainly be missed and am sure there will be a huge waiting list when you return. Truly exquisite .

1  Thank Pauline K