“VERY RUDE SHORT GUY”

The Saigon Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Saigon Restaurant is the ideal venue for Any Special Occasion Or just to enjoy the very best of Authentic Oriental Cuisine Providing a service and ambience of the highest quality, helping to ensure that you're dining Experience is something you will want to repeat.
“VERY RUDE SHORT GUY”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

very RUDE SHORT GUY did not want to give us the full set menu had to ask for our sweets and coffee after a lot of moaning and some of the remarks he made about me he was lucky i did not knock him out and he could not even be bothered to say goodnight when we left and did not want even ask if we enjoyed our meal after a £220 bill NEVER AGAIN pity because the food was good but needs to SMILE

2 Thank myz1000
Minh X, Owner at The Saigon Restaurant, responded to this review, August 12, 2014
I am very sorry to hear that,it was very busy that night too, I just come out from the kitchen and saw your table was not clean, and knew you have set dinner & was including Dessert,
I was moaning at my waiter why not serving Dessert & coffee for your table.
I didnt hear what you saying to me, becauce I got hearing difficult I am ( Deaf ) both ears, I was wearing my hearing Aids too, must be low battery.Thay why I always look at customers talking to me, I try to get lips reading too.

Being a Deaf person is not easy for my job, but I am doing very well for almost 15yrs.

God created all difference size of humans. I am happy what I am. It does not matter you are short, tall, big as long as you healthy is priority.

Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Nice food, shame about management attitude”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Six of us were shown to our table one busy Saturday night. On being shown to our seats, the manager asked my husband, who is aware he is slightly over weight if he would like a bigger table due to his size then started to laugh. I thought this was rather rude, but my rather embarrassed husband just laughed it off. We choose to have one of the set menus at a set price per head, when the manager came back to take our order he again made reference to my husbands size asking if we need to order extra. Talk about make people feel uncomfortable.
Our set meal included ice cream to Finnish followed by coffee and chocolates. When our plates were cleared from the main meal we waited and waited and waited, but still no ice cream, so eventually asked the young waiter passing, he said he would sort when he went back to the bar the manager asked the young man what we wanted, when the waiter told him he went right off on one throwing thing around and slamming plates down.
We eventually got our ice cream which was pathetic, but still at least we got it. We then waited for the coffee and waited and waited, again I has to ask. The manager was not please at all he spoke to the younger waiter terribly and made him feel awful for serving us, the coffee came without the chocolate by which time we gave up and asked for the bill.
If you don't want people to have what they have paid for the DON'T advertise it!!!!
we got up to leave and the manager didn't even have the curtesy to say thank you or good evening, how rude.
We spent alot of money that evening and really wish we has taken our custom elsewhere

2 Thank louiseday1
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Tasty”
Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

Been here several times and the food is always delicious. Quick service and attentive to customer needs.
Good price for big dishes and no matter how busy, food comes out freshly prepared and tasty.
A favourite of mine!

3 Thank susanwells619
Poole, United Kingdom
“Excellant choice”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went here on a second night in weston and were not disappointed, Despite it being a cold Tuesday in December and a nearly empty restaurant the service and the food was first class.
We settled for the set menu as I am sure that the owners are best to advise on what goes together. The prawn toast in the starters was the best i have ever tasted and the topping was thick enough to really taste the prawn.
The duck was crispy with enough pancakes to make well stuffed rolls.
The main courses were plentiful with pineapple fried rice and for the first time ever I came away thinking I couldn't eat anymore.

well worth the visit if you are in weston

• Visited December 2012
4 Thank Les273
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Nice evening”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

A group of 12. They catered well for elderly friends who did not want to eat Chinese food. I shared a set menu. Mixed starters we good although the fried seaweed tasted a bit odd. The duck was nice with a rich sauce. Possibly needed a couple more pancakes. The three mains were great. Staff were attentive, although the foul weather meant the place was not too full. Will happily return and recommend.

• Visited November 2012