“Not Far from The Milton Lodge Hotel”

The Saigon Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Saigon Restaurant is the ideal venue for Any Special Occasion Or just to enjoy the very best of Authentic Oriental Cuisine Providing a service and ambience of the highest quality, helping to ensure that you're dining Experience is something you will want to repeat.
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The Saigon restaurant is only a short walk from the Milton Lodge Hotel. The service and quality of the food is excellent. We have eaten here many times.

2  Thank John C

Reviewed December 19, 2011

Lovely clean restaurant, great food, excellent value. If you love Chinese food you will love this restaurant !

3  Thank MERLION04
Reviewed June 5, 2011

I am absolutely appalled by the staff at this restaurant. We dined there on Saturday 28th of May. The food was good. we part paid by cash leaving a £30 credit card payment which was put through the machine by a short waiter who I guess was in his early fifties. He informed our friend that her credit card payment had not been authorised. I was already about to make up the shortfall by cash but he was extremely reticent to hand over the printout from the machine which aroused our suspicions. We eventually did wrestle the printout from his clenched hand and discovered upon examination that the payment had gone through.

It is my belief that the waiter was attempting to get us to pay again through deception, although I can't prove it. At any rate I would not recommend anyone eating here and if you do, I would strongly suggest paying by cash rather than card as I believe that this restaurant has crooks and thieves working there. I also doubt if we were the first that this deception was attempted on or the last.

Go elsewhere, not here.

On the plus side the food was nice, but we will never return.

15  Thank magwai88
Reviewed February 26, 2011

The Saigon has been a favourite of ours for many years, the service is very very good, and the food is always fresh and light, with flavours coming from the ingredients, and not additives. We have held several staff parties here and will continue to do so.
An additional note, we once paid a large deposit for a staff do, the meal and drinks flowed freely and we got a bit drunk, we paid the bill and left thinking we had a wonderful evening. We came back in two weeks later and Minh handed us our sizable deposit back as soon as he saw us, impeccable honesty.

5  Thank Jokmctoast
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Just had a lovely evening at this restaurant,,,It is spotlessly clean,,,The food is freshly cooked with quality ingredients,,The service is good with attention to detail...The price overall is reasonable...Has to be one of the best chinese meals i have ever had...On holiday here at the moment but if passing again would go to The Saigon...

3  Thank wizbit14