“A great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Old Hall Accommodation
Maidstone, United Kingdom
“A great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We have just come back from Somerset, and enjoyed our 5 days at the old hall. It's well located, 5 mins wal to the beach and has a choice of pubs and restaurants nearby to chose from. The rooms are very nice, the service is gret, the breakfast is delicious and all at a very low cost. I strongly recomend that you stay in the old hall if you are looking for a pleasant and friendly place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Fleet, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was shown to a pleasant enough room overlooking the front onto the street. As I was meeting friends at their restaurant below I was keen to take a quick shower and change after a long drive. The trickle that came out of the shower was all I had to work with so my quick shower wasn't very quick as it was a struggle to wash at all however after about 20 minutes of struggling I was just about to turn it off when a blast of water came out so maybe it was just my bad luck not to be able to have a normal shower but it is obviously temperamental! Came out into the room and was now running late, it didn't help that there were no curtains to close or nets up, the room wasn't very big so had to keep my modesty by keeping to the back wall until I could dry myself on their very small towels that were certainly not soft in any way. Also isn't it annoying when you come out of the shower and the towels are nowhere to be seen and you find them on the bed? Once ready I found the key would not unlock the door so I was lucky to attract the attention of some restaurant guests out of the front window who managed to get someone to come and unlock the door, I was then told that I would have to move rooms as they had another booking that was 3 nights, not my 1 night and was shown to one of their back rooms that was much smaller with a small window overlooking a house that was within spitting distance! The room was very hot and the window had to be opened and I was woken early by their kitchen fan extraction unit which was very noisy. The breakfast was disappointing, a cheap frozen kind of sausage, cheap bacon and fried eggs that were not cooked on top so had raw slimy layer, tiny chopped mushrooms that had been cremated, I didn't eat much of it and to be fair the lady serving did offer to make me something else but my appetite had gone by this point. I was disappointed by my stay and thought it was overpriced. The bed itself was against a wall as the room was so small but was comfortable and the room was clean but I would not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the room no. 5 at the back!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tidybow

Travelers are raving about these Weston super Mare hotels

Lancashire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2012

Just returned from a 3 night break, room rather small....but ok...plenty of tea & coffee..decent size TV and comfy bed, even though not a king size as requested.....shower didn't work on the second day..!!!! worked ok on the last day...
No glass in the bathroom so had to use a cup to take a drink of water....
Now a strange thing with this hotel is that no member of staff appears to actually sleep in the hotel, therefore we had the hotel to ourselves on 2 nights....lol...
The breakfast was excellent, cereals, ice cold milk, juices and full monty....best bacon and mushrooms ever.....yummy....cooked to perfection..thanks...we enjoyed it very much...
We would stay here again as it is in the prefection location for visiting family and friends....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
london
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Very helpful and pleasent, friendly staff. Room was ok, average with good decor however I feel that the en-suite is in need of an update. The light above the bathroom sink didn't work and the small mirror on the wall nearly fell off in my hand. The room itself was bright and fresh although I did spot a cobweb and dust in some places. As a couple we didn't stay in the room for long as we were there for a family occasion, therefore only there to sleep. Our room was situated above the restaurant, not ideal if you are a light sleeper. Music was playing until about 10:30-11pm which is expected on a Saturday night however the moving of tables and chairs around below was not acceptable when trying to sleep, this stopped in the early hours of the morning. Breakfast was arranged for 9am, I would say average fried breakfast but service was fast and friendly. I don't feel we will stay here again as we had a very disturbed night sleep. When traveling a long way this isn't acceptable. As we departed I mentioned about the noise of the furniture being moved around, The gentleman said we should have come down and told them to be quiet, I feel this wasn't acceptable as this shouldn't have been happening at this time of night. Location is fantastic and access to beach and town are good. These are the reasons I have given this B&B an average rating, If there wasn't any of the disturbance this rating would have been higher and we might have returned in the future.

Room Tip: Do not sleep above the restaurant!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Birmingham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

The hotel had a very relaxed feel and I can understand the comments from another review. I arrived at &pm and they were a little disorganised not knowing if I had booked or if I had paid but this was soon sorted and I went to the room. I was asked what time I wanted breakfast I said 7:30am but the owner said breakfast starts at 8. We agreed on 7:45!
A very clean and modern room - ideal. I went back to my car and the owners said goodbye as they drove off and see you in the morning. I was left on my own in the hotel! a little spooky.

I woke at 6:30am with what sounded like a car with the engine running but is was the kitchen extractor fan. A bit earlier than I wanted seeing as I had over an hour to wait for breakfast! and it was worth the wait
Another problem was no wifi - this was a BT fault.
After saying all this I would still stay again now I know what to expect and I'd probably ask for a room at the front.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Truro, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2011

Stayed here for three days over the bank holiday, as my daughter is working in Weston- Super-Mare. Accomodation excellent and staff couldn't have been more helpful. Will definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2010

The hotel itself is very clean and well furnished, the room was lovely and the breakfast was large and well cooked. However the customer service was terrible. We were booked in for Bed and breakfast but when we arrived at 4.45pm it was all locked up. When I phoned the number above the door, a woman answered and said that she didn't get there till 6pm as she had afternoons off . I said that we had not been informed of that when we booked but she refused to come back till 6. We returned at 6 pm and at 6.10 the chef appeared and let us in with his key. The manager (the woman I had spoken to earlier) then arrived - with no apology. The room was only set up for 1 person, so I had to go and find her to ask for the additional cup, glass, towels etc. We arranged for a 9 am breakfast but, when we entered the dining room, the waiter said, aggressively, “what time do you call this? You asked for 8 o 'clock breakfasts" we said "no 9" whereupon he did apologise. We paid cash as we left. However, the woman phoned us twice, on the way home, accusing us of not having paid our bill. Eventually she gave us a grudging apology. Needless to say we will never ever go anywhere near this place again!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Beverley Guest House
Beverley Guest House
#9 of 63 in Weston super Mare
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (Seafront) Hotel
Premier Inn Weston-Super-Mare (S...
#5 of 29 in Weston super Mare
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,270 reviews

Been to Old Hall Accommodation? Share your experiences!