“Almost.......”

Hadleys at Number One
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

We popped in for a Tuesday lunch. Never been before although we have lived in the area for over 30 years. We dine out locally regularly so expectations are high, finding somewhere better than the last one. Anyway, first impressions excellent. Courteous, smart non threatening young staff greeted us to offer a table in the lovely decorated and bright interior. We were able to watch newcomers as a busy lunchtime was clearly starting. Unfortunately, as expected, our peaceful surroundings with nicely selected gentle background music, was no longer. My wife was delighted with her Chicken Thai Curry (ugh!); my choice of Lasagne with side salad and chips looked absolutely delicious. The lasagne unfortunately had been overlooked, leaving it dry though eatable. Have to say I've had worse, but also better. Spoiled my meal, but the salad was a lovely, fresh selection with delightfully fresh and hot chips saving my day! We ended our meal with a big pot of tea but disappointingly it fell far short of a good pot of tea. A nice touch for such a lovely place this is, a freshly polished sparkling stainless steel pot with spotlessly clean cups, saucers on a tray came promptly. Shockingly, inside the pot were too few tea bags of a cash and carry quality from which came a straw like liquid. Why - for goodness sake - must a restaurant of this quality use anything but a choice of leaf tea? A final insult was to place in each saucer a caramelised wrapped biscuit that every diner knows is for - coffee! My guess is our tea was made and served by one of the two charming, smartly dressed, young waiters, clearly ignorant in what a good cup of tea is. Still, lacking management there. For goodness sake Hadleys - get some decent packets of tea with a blend choice, customers deserve it and I know from experience that it gets harder to find a decent pot of tea!

1  Thank ratebay
There are newer reviews for Hadleys at Number One

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We are lucky to have this in Weston as it can't be faulted - great food, nice place, and perfect service!

1  Thank Judi M
Reviewed May 28, 2013

A good lunchtime menu at competitive prices. I had Liver and Onions which was very tasty. The last two times we have been, there have been about 10 of us. A good seating area upstairs was good.

1  Thank Leyson B
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Fantastic home cooked food - from the first mouthful of their lasagna to the last it was excellent. Didn't have room for a dessert.....I know unimaginable for me. AND they looked delicious as well. Staff were friendly & the owner came over and made us feel very welcome. Already planning a return visit in the summer!!

1  Thank Sue H
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This was our 3rd visit to the restaurant, for an evening meal, and always a treat.

Service superb, advised in advance my wife was vegetarian, and no problem, some changes made to accommodate her requests.

Food was cooked to perfection, and the ambiance very good

It is on the higer level of the cost chart but well worthwhile for those special treats

Nothing was a problem whatsoever, if you need just ask and it is done.

Top marks