“A little bit of heaven here in WSM”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Demetris Taverna

Demetris Taverna
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Greek with fish and steaks our speciality closed on sundays open from 18.45 until 22.30
Bristol, United Kingdom
“A little bit of heaven here in WSM”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Tried the Taverna after being out of town for a while. Ordered fav meal of Calamari followed by a Sirloin Steak, both cooked to perfection! Asked for "house wine" and was delighted to be served an exceptional red from Sicily which was nothing short of fabulous and very very reasonably priced. It will not be long before I visit again, I'm looking forward to it already!!

• Visited April 2013

• Greek first
Bath, United Kingdom
“Great food, great atmosphere and a wonderful host!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was my first visit to this restaurant and i was a bit sceptical about finding a good restaurant in Weston (unless you like fish 'n chips!). I should not have been worried! I want with some friends and from the moment we stemmed through the door we were treated like long lost friends! The host was definitely one of those with 'the most' and the staff were equally attentive when serving our meal. We had three starters between the four of us and the Saganaki was particularly good. My lamb with halloumi and cream sauce was delicious and my partner (who is a regular to greek restaurants) said her Stifado was fabulous.We didn't have room for desserts as the portions were generous.

Overall a great place and can't wait to go back!!

Bristol, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We had the Sunday night Greek Mezze deal for £12.95 each and the value for money was excellent! The food was delicious and the staff couldn't have been more welcoming and friendly! We can't wait to go back again soon!

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent personal service as usual”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Had the Stifado.. Amazing taste had this meal regularly for ten years. A bit different tonight but a big improvement

Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
“Best Greek Taverna outside of Greece”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I had been to Weston ,as a child, many times for holidays and visited this time, for one night only ..(and one day) with just my Mum so that we could have a look at our old 'haunts' and reminisce.
Not being familiar with restaurants in WSM, I 'googled' and discovered 'Demetris' online...we both love Greece and Greek food so thought we would opt for that particular venue .
I drove down from the Midlands after a full day at work and we arrived around 9.15pm . I was feeling a little tired but we were given the warmest of welcomes from Demetris himself. The whole atmosphere was just so friendly from the very beginning . I instantly 'came to life' and felt as if I was in Greece ! lovely music in the background too . The menu was wonderful and we eventually chose the Greek dips for starters and traditional moussakka and Greek salad for our main course. All of the food we ate was of exceptional quality . All of the staff that we saw too were lovely and very friendly .
We were so pleased to have chosen THIS restaurant for our only night out in Weston ...and will certainly be going back when we return . We can highly recommend it !
PS ...my Husband was on a walking holiday in the Lakes at this time but can't wait to visit after my description.

3 Thank Joy P