“Worst 'Hotel' I have stayed at !”
Review of Balmoral Hotel

Balmoral Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Weston super Mare
Balmoral Hotel
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Weston super Mare
Reviewed October 4, 2010

The room was nothing like the pictures on the web site. There was nowhere to hang clothes. The room was cold, and when I mentioned this I was told that they didn't put the heating on until later in the year. I had to purchase a hot water bottle ! Tea at breakfast was served in a large mug by a lady carrying a tin of polish and a duster. The carpets in communal areas were filthy. I was kept awake by revellers staying at the hotel until after 3am. One of them attempted to urinate outside my door ! I would not stay at this hotel again, even if I were paid to do so. Do not waste your money !!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
6  Thank GPW_10

Reviewed September 27, 2010

So disgusting I could not even stay the 1 night I had booked.
It should not be allowed to be discribed as an hotel on the Internet.
Steer well clear.
You have been warned!

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
7  Thank India010
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Food lovely, staff friendly, Room well where do i start, booked a twin as only room left, nothing like the photo,(think they borrowed someone elses hotel). Nowhere to sit or put your clothes, no toilet paper, tv cracked screen, no remote, had to ask for one. We went out on the second day and came back to a room that had not been cleaned. Totally for the work men staying for a couple of nights, puts Fawlty Towers in the top list of hotels. What a rip off for your money, maybe cheap, but very nasty.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank oldies64
Reviewed July 4, 2010

the bar closed at 11 oclock pm and youv got no chance of a drink after. that the food was cold , the shower was cold . over all it was very bad

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank maxinehayes
Reviewed May 21, 2010

We are professional women who stay in hotels around 3-times per week. Weston Super Mare was new to us and so we booked it via the Hotel Shiop, which in fairness have served us well in the past with lovely hotels at batgain prices. We booked earlier that day, the lady at thye Hotel Shop recommended it, stating she had stayed there before. The car parfk to the rear was good and we were able to previously view it on the internet. We were somewhat confused as to where the entrance was as the only open entrance appeared to be into a bar, where there were some pretty dodgy looking characters and a smell of cannabis.....Anyway, we asked where the check in area was and was told we were standing in it (many beer pumps and a bar). The guy who checked us in was nice enough and showed us to our rooms to the rear of the bar and upstairs( where access was available to all as the 'gents' toilets were at the bottom of the stairs!) The room I was in smelled of damp, the en-suite I thought initially did not have a toilet - until I found it behind ther door, but you had to get in and close the door to find it!! In my colleagues room, the wood chip walls had holes in them and smelled of damp. My usually well controoled asthma immediately invited itswelf to my lungs and the wheezing began!

I and my colleague agreed we could not stay there and went down to the bar to see the man who had 'checked us in'. I told him what was what and we asked for a refund - he seemed quite offended that we thought ill of his premises! He told us that 'that is not the way it works' and would consult his boss. He said that it was all that it was describerd on the internet - we told hime that the holes in the walls were not featured and the internet did not have smellyvision!m We further told him if we were charged we would take it up with the credit card company and the hotel shop, which we did. The hotel shop apologised profusely stating they did not have any feedback from customers. I gave them our feedback and stated it should have been called the Immoral hotel....

Avoid like the plague!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
6  Thank avril2621
Reviewed September 6, 2009

The first warning sign should have been the fact that it was one of the only hotels that had vacancies, but undeterred we booked up and thought it cant be that bad.....

Oh it was that bad, seemed to be run by a one man show, who worked the bar and showed you your rooms, except, he didn’t show you the room, just gave us the keys and then showed us how to get in the 24hr door, he didn’t seem keen to show us the room itself. We now know why, it was the worst i had ever stayed in. The bathroom was designed by the same people who try and condense things on planes, except they have attempted to recreate a bathroom from the 60s, complete with green plastic, yet it seemed functional (more to follow!)

In the main room was the most drab depressing experience, two beds and a motley collection of repossessed MFI reject furniture, to top this was a TV hanging literally with 1 screw off the wall and a smell that was a curious blend of sick, pee and ground in dirt.

So we were booked in and had a wander round to the other rooms of our party, we found it highly amusing that one of them had a set a pliers to operate the shower temperature, unfortunately the laugh was on us when we had to borrow it to work ours, would definitely recommend bringing a basic tool set.

The key issue is an important one and only as i read the other reviews did i realise the significance with regards to security, essentially any drunk with a room key can access any other room in the hotel (think 4am, think trashed, think confused room number).

Breakfast was rationed, 1 sausage, 1 bacon etc etc and even female underwear on the floor.

It was faulty towers for the modern age but without any of the humour. Definitely not recommended but will certainly appreciate any other place i stay at.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank travelbugg2000
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Having stayed at many hotels throughout Britain and the World including some third world countries, and consider the Balmoral hotel is the worst establishment that we have ever stayed in. the place was very dirty and smelly, the room itself was dirty and smelt of cigarette smoke, the en-suite was small and cramped and as for the bed it was old with springs sticking through. We placed towels coats and cushions on top of the mattress but was still unable to sleep and when I spoke to the manager about this he replied “that mattress is brand new and that room is one of our best rooms” to which I replied “go and lie on the bed and you will agree with me” to which he replied “I guess you didn’t get much sleep, I’m sorry”.
The breakfast was passable but was served as like a transport café.
This place should not be listed as a hotel but as a hostel.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple