“The best fish and chips In Weston”
Review of Papa's

Papa's
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Famous for their fish and chips.
Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is where we go if we want fish and chips. The service is always great, the food always fresh and well cooked to order. Can not be beaten!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,196)

Reviewed April 9, 2014

It was an eye opener for me! It was only as we had to wait a few minutes for fresh chips that I stood and watched the cooking while I was stood at the counter. I watched as the chips came out of the same oil as the fish. As a vegetarian I mentioned it to the guy behind the counter and cancelled my order. Bless his heart, he was horrified that I was horrified and did me a separate bag of chips from a fresh oil. I think he was a bit amused that I didn't want fishy chips.

I can't fault the service, he went out of his way to help me but I'm just surprised that it's not clearly signed that the chips aren't veggie. As I said, it's opened my eyes, I've probably been eating fishy chips all my life! I just presumed people realised that vegetarians aren't a tiny laughed inconvenient minority anymore. I know that not all curry sauces are veggie but I would have thought the chips were!

In hindsight, perhaps not all people and chippies care, but I would have thought an award winning chippy would have a higher standard.

2  Thank Ablaynu
Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

Seen good reviews here so decided to try it. Ate in restaurant... Waitress polite and helpful. Not over friendly but ok.

Had lots of choice eg cod which we had, haddock, skate, salmon, sea bass, sea bream, whitebait, halibut.?Shared a cod with my daughter which they supplied another plate for with no issue.

Other daughter enjoyed child's cod which was generous, served with chips, beans or mushy peas, drink and ice cream. This was good value.

Fish had really light batter and was hot and crisp.

Overall a good experience, thoroughly enjoyed!

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I took my wife and daughter to sample Papa's takeaway last night. We were served quickly and had a short wait while we watched our food being cooked. We got our fish and chips and took the short walk to the nearby gardens where we tried to tuck into our tea but it was so hot we had to wait a little longer which was hard giving how good it smelt!

I can certainly say that it was one of the finest portion of fish and chips I have ever eaten.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

My review isn't just about what I think, but also the feedback from the many I have recommended a visit to Papa's.
In a nut shell, "you pay for what you get", and at Papa's it just that, you get the best fish & chips ever, but you do 'pay'.
In fact, despite this, those who comment on the price will inevitably add, "but it's worth it".
Keep in mind that the 'take-away' is the same food as if sat down, and, enjoying your food on Weston's promenade can be just as enjoyable, if not more so, especially in the summer but will cost much less.
If you visit Weston and want a special treat where you return from holiday and wax lyrical about the nosh, as opposed to complain bitterly about the handful of greasy chips and sprat sized cod, then seek out Papa's. You won't regret it!