“Fabulous take out, can't wait to go for a sit down meal!”
Review of Yo-Ji

Yo-Ji
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Fabulous take out, can't wait to go for a sit down meal!”
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I ordered take out this evening and felt I had to write about it, I thought the food was unbelievably good, I was feeling pretty grumpy this evening, but after having a take out I'm actually in a far better mood, that's how delicious it was! I had the Yasai Katsu Curry, my Partner had Ebi Katsu Curry with a side of Kamo Haromaki this came to £23 which I don't think is too bad for a very good quality take out, me and my partner were stuffed afterwards and couldn't of eaten another thing, the food was beautifully presented in take out boxes (which is pretty impressive!), the portions were a really decent size, the dishes tasted so fresh, interesting and moorish!, I have no idea how they make the food taste so good, I'm really excited about going to have a sit down meal, I would happily go tomorrow, this is going to be my new favourite place!

• Visited January 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Somerset, England
“A restaurant I cannot fault”
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We visited this restaurant to give another chance to Japanese food, as one of us has not acquired a taste for it despite ten days spent in Japan on holiday.

We had noted the Trip Advisor reviews prior to visiting, especially the one from Millah915. Our visit was late on a Friday lunchtime and we found the place surprisingly empty with less than half a dozen others eating. This is possibly explained by being in a seaside resort in January.

We were impressed by the surroundings, which give the impression of a well thought out interior. The spacing of the tables and the lighting are aesthetically appealing.

The menu is well designed and provisioned. We were in difficulties to make a choice from everything that was on offer. Allowing for the fact that we don’t know Japanese food very well we eventually picked the Toko Bitsu, which is a taster menu for two people. It was a good choice.

There is an extensive drinks menu which includes all the usual Japanese alcohols. I chose Asahi beer while my wife drank Japanese tea.

The food was attractively presented and delicious. The selection was varied and encouraged us to try everything. My wife was so impressed that she brought home our leftovers (there was too much food to eat for lunch) to eat later, something she never usually does. Overall I would say that we had a very pleasing lunch and the service was good throughout.

The toilets when you need them are clean and modern in appearance.

I would happily recommend this restaurant. I could not find any fault with it.

• Visited January 2014
“Diabolical service”
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Went on a Sunday with a large group of friends to try out their £19.99 buffet deal, restaurant was very quiet and initially had a nice atmosphere. Once seated the waiter named Bobby only took half of our drinks orders and had to be called back 3 times before he asked the rest of us what we wanted. He then said 'oh you're here for the buffet OK' and pointed to some plates and some food. We were some what underwealmed, there was a small plate of sushi rolls, a large dish of egg fried rice, one of noodles, one of chicken curry and one of tempura prawns. As the chicken curry dish was pretty much empty we asked one of the waiters if there were any other chicken on meat dishes, and if they would bring more out. To which his reply was no, and no they would not bring more out. Bobby the manager was then asked if there were any more meat dishes, as we were unhappy with paying twenty odd quid for a plate of rice. Bobby told us no there was no other dishes he could do. Over an hour and 50 mins later, after we had finished eating (we were probably sat there with empty plates for about half an hour) a different waiter asked us if we were ready for our main courses from the teppenyaki grill. We actually thought he was joking! After asking so many times if there was any other food than the poor display or rice and noodles, and being told no so many times, we were outraged.
Bobby the manager then came over to us and shrugged and said 'oh yeah, forgot to mention about that, we were very busy' whilst gesturing to a half empty restaurant.
basically this review is mainly based on the shocking service and attitude of the staff after realising their mistakes - I've actually got no idea what the food is like other than the rice and noodles, which were bland, and the prawns which were cold.
Highly unimpressed, therefore would not reccomend at all. Try next door at the Sea Palace!

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Millah915
Winscombe, United Kingdom
“Oh my god yellow fin tuna and scallops are my new favourite”
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Thought we'd come to yo-ji tonight before the onslaught of christmas turkey and ham and havent been disappointed at all!! Started with a half mixed sushi and maki. What got delivered was amazing. Yellow fin tuna, octopus, tuna, salmon and an amazing mix of rolled maki. Chef Ohmar has done us proud. It is so stunning we've ordered seconds!!!!

“Great”
Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Went here for a meal after works do and was a little nervous as im a fussy eater but i was not disapointed, from the nice welcome when we arrived the servoce was brilliant, the food was stunning and i will be back

Visited December 2013