“Great Scones”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Great Scones”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Nipped in for tea/coffee and cake whilst out in the Deeside area. As well as the brasserie, the benefits out here include the railway line, small shops and childrens park. All make for a pleasant trip there.

Our waitress was extremely helpful and attentative despite the restaurant being busy (was a Sunday afternoon). We had just tea/coffee and shared a selection of scones and tray bakes. No complaints at all and highly recommend anyone in the area to pop in.

The lunch/dinner menu looks excellent and we will be trying out soon.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Ali G

Aberdeen
“Unwelcoming”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Today I went to Milton Brasserie with my 3 month old son and a groups of friends with their babies. We had phoned in advance to book a table and ask them if it was possible to accommodate our prams. We fully expected to be seated in the less formal conservatory area but instead were in he main restaurant. On arrival the waiting staff were extremely unpleasant and made us feel decidedly unwelcome. It took ages for them to take an order and the service continued with an 'atmosphere'.
I would NOT recommend this restaurant as child friendly and will not be going back.

• Visited August 2014
5 Thank Wakey2703
East Lothian
“Lovely spot for lunch”
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Visiting our daughter in Aberdeen and stopped of here for a light lunch. As we wanted something light we sat in the conservatory. My husband had the Cullen Skink soup which was lovely. It came with an open sandwich. I had the brie, red onion open sandwich and our daughter also had an open sandwich. They are served with a lovely garnish of salad, homemade coleslaw and veg crisps. We then had coffee and beautiful scones with delicious homemade jam which is in a large pot on the table. For me the only thing that concerned me was the jam pot sitting on the tables. Children at a previous table were sticking their knife into the pot that was on their table. The lid is just put on the jam and left on the table. I don't think this is very hygienic . I would go back, as the staff were lovely and the service was very good. Really do think they should consider a different way to serve the jam.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I went for Sunday lunch here and we all throughly enjoyed our visit.

We each had starters - which everyone loved and they were all presented beautifully. The mains were just as good. Two of us had the pulled pork burger and although it was not what we expected -(we had thought it would be a bun with pulled pork and it was actually a burger with pulled pork on top) it was delicious. One of the best burgers I have had in a while and the pulled pork was great. The wedges were also delicious but there were far too many to contend with. My parents had the beef and this looked wonderful, they both really enjoyed it. The only negative was the yorkshire pudding - it was a little on the hard side.

We opted out of puddings but they had a great selection to choose from. A very high quality meal and i would definitley return.

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
“A bit too expensive for a meal”
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I called in here for the first time in 17 years and not surprisingly found it had changed a bit. There seemed to be a number of different buildings with antiques, an art gallery and a shop. But I was there for a cup of tea and a cake, so went into the conservatory coffee shop. The staff were very attentive and quick. There was a variety of cakes and scones, but a high proportion of them had nuts, which I don't like, so I settled for a piece of chocolate cake, which was very nice. I got nearly three cups out of the pot of tea which I also liked. Total cost £4.50 was perfectly acceptable. However, on the way out I paused to look at the Brasserie menu, and I thought the prices there were very inflated. On the Sunday lunch menu there was nothing cheaper than £12, and the roast beef was £18! I would normally expect to pay about £9 for roast beef, so that is exorbitant. And all the desserts were £6, when the usual going rate is about £4. Maybe they think being on Royal Deeside gives them the right to cash in on the tourists, but I certainly won't be eating a meal there, although I would happily return for tea or coffee (which comes with a complimentary refill).

3 Thank Alastair N