“Great Monday lunch in re-opened Brasserie”
Review of Milton Brasserie

Milton Brasserie
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Banchory
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Had a really lovely lunch here on Monday. Have visited regularly over the years, but felt things had been a bit lack-lustre last year. Not any more! Really friendly service, excellent food ( the beer battered fish was just lovely and delicious cheescake for pud) and a really nice ambience. The new decor has lightened and brightened the space. It was lovely to see the place so busy for a February Monday lunch too. We will definitely be back again soon!

2  Thank TrudyH6

Reviewed February 16, 2013

** Note - There seem to be 2 listings for this restaurant so I have duplicated my review on each**

My wife, Son (3) and I returned to the Milton for the 1st time since it had come under the new ownership of the existing manager. The welcome could not have been warmer and it was good to see some familiar faces among the staff. The menu choices were excellent and they now have a dedicated childrens menu which is a great addition. Our food arrived and was excellent accross all courses and even my 3 year polished off everything on his plate! My wife also has some serious dietry requirements and they were excellently caterd for by the Kitchen.

looking forward to going back soon :)

2  Thank Stephen C
Reviewed February 10, 2013

looking forward to going back soon :)

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Now under new excellent new management. Staff very friendly and welcoming. Excellent food, good choice and well priced. The guitar playing musiciain was brilliant, great music and not too loud. Will definetly be back. Could have been a bit better lighting and more candles in the lounge area apart from that another great addition to the improving culinary delights of Banchory.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

I took a trip out to this restaurant (previously the Milton Restaurant and Conservatory) at Crathes, Banchory, Aberdeenshire. Having visited previously in December 2012, I was so impressed I came again. Myself and my husband took a visit today for lunch. The General Manager, Jay Emmerson, is now the owner, and the place has just undergone a bit of a refurb. The results are great, a lovely ambience with new furniture, some tweeks to the finishing, new paint and tidied up the overall layout. First impressions, very warm, welcoming, comfortable restaurant. Warmly greeted by the team there, they are all friendly, professional and efficient. A new menu was provided with a very good choice. We both selected the same main cours of Loin of Pork, apple & sage stuffing, Port braised red cabbage, Fondant potato and Arran mustard sauce - which was simply delicious! Followed by Sticky Toffee Muffin, Butterscotch sauce with vanilla ice-cream - superb! Fantastic service throughout the meal, nicely attentative, attention to detail and making us feel very looked after (without being intrusive). Great value for money as well. We had a lovely lunch, in great surroundings, and will not be a stranger to the Milton Brasserie that's for sure!

1  Thank NyumbaniEst2017