“Fantastic experience”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Took my girlfriend. Made to feel really welcome. Food was first class. Good to see Chris O'Hallaron's standards haven't slipped with his new venture.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Had a really nice meal here with my partner, the service, food and wine were all up to a high standard. I really don't mind paying for fine dining but i just thought this was a bit expensive - £37 for 2 courses per person is far too much even tho the produce used is a bit more expensive. Menu very limited with just 3 starters, 4 mains and 3 desserts, not a problem for us as we liked everything on the menu but i can imagine it would be a problem for those more fussy. Really good night all in all but far too pricey.

Baggers22, Owner at Aubergine, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for your kind review on trip advisor
I can only apologise that you found it a little to expensive
I have been cooking 3 rosette food for 10 years now and I wish to keep up the standard
Due to to this we have to source the very best in produce which does come at a price not to mention the work involved in preparing our menu.
I hope you will returned to aubergine .

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We ate at Aubergene a few weeks ago. A limited menu but we didn't find that a problem. Our food was truly delicious - up there with the best we've ever had. (We eat out a couple of times a week and usually seek out the top chefs, especially when we travel.) The wine is supplied by a neighbouring business and was excellent. The service was extremely friendly and efficient, albeit a little nervous perhaps as the establishment was relatively new. If it continues to serve food and wine like this it deserves to be highly successful and I'm so glad that we live close enough to be able go back !

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Firstly overall the food didnot disappoint. It was Outstanding in terms of freshness, composition, presentation and creativity. The restaurant is quiet small ( intimate ) but the place is quite well laid out in tables for 2. The staff was good and service was good. The menu is limited and being changed every month. I am quite happy this means Chef concentrate on the few on order. My two criticisme would be my main could be warmer. I like my food piping hot but it was luke warm. However did not detract from the taste. Second, my date was excited about the dessert a Trifle, only to spat out the Roquefort cheese with fruit ( think its apricot or orange base) served with small oat mealy type biscuits. It was a savoury cheeseboard trifle and not a sweet dessert! We exchanged and he enjoyed the rice pudding. Total bill with no alcohol with coffee was £105 for two. It is pretty steep but expected. As long as Chef keeps the standard up I really can't see it not flourishing as a business. Good Luck. It is good to have a little gem so close to home.

Baggers22, Owner at Aubergine, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Thank you for your kind comments about our restaurant I feel I should respond regarding the 2 points you picked us up on .
Firstly I tend not to serve my food piping hot as I feel it distracts the flavours but I take on bored your comments and will try to rectify this, secondly the trifle is actually a cheese course and I have know put this clearly on the menu as a savoury dish !
Thank you once again for your comments and I do hope to welcome you back to Aubergine.

Chris O'Halloran
Chef/patron

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We had dinner here and was delighted with the whole experience. The food could not be faulted, menu was small but all courses were freshly made and beautifully presented. Staff friendly, the decor simple but effective. Would recommend to anyone who enjoys fine dining.

1  Thank Lorna T