“Best Coffee Shop in Banchory!”
Review of Birdhouse Cafe

Birdhouse Cafe
Ranked #1 of 3 Coffee & Tea in Banchory
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The Birdhouse Cafe is just what Banchory needs. The homemade cakes and tablet are absolutely delicious. I had friends visiting from London who tried the Chocolate Peanut Butter cake and now most of our phonecalls are spent speaking about how we can deliver a fresh batch! The service is personal, friendly and welcoming; you feel like the Birdhouse Cafe was opened just for you. Though the space inside is a little too small for the cafe's popularity, the window seat and the wee decorative touches make this a place you could spend whole afternoons in. Highly highly recommended.

1  Thank 735AnnaC

Reviewed July 4, 2013

This is quite a small coffee shop.It is a little cramped but it serves generous quantities of coffee and the home baked cakes and sponges are excellent.an all round great experience especially if you manage to bag the seats looking out to the front.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having visited the cafe a few times now we have received consistently great service and have had a selection of tasty treats. The food is lovely and fresh - I had the Meme's chicken ciabatta on my last visit which I loved and we thought it was a very generous portion for the price!

The Birdhouse Cafe is a great addition to Banchory high street.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a repeat visit for both my sister and I, making the trip out from Aberdeen well worth it. Not only is the food really tasty and well presented, the service is outstanding. A really friendly and welcoming wee café, that makes you want to stay and enjoy it. The homemade cakes are irresistible, one is never enough! My sister had to buy more to take home for later. Would definitely recommend and will happily visit again next time I'm out that way. A perfect Sunday, thank you Birdhouse!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We thought we'd try out the new Birdhouse cafe and we weren't disappointed. Yes it's small but it feels cosy.

I tried my husband's tomato and chorizo soup and it was really delicious. My toasted panini was fresh and tasty. I couldn't resist the look of the lovely cakes on the counter, so I tried the parsnip & maple syrup cake, and it was divine.

We couldn't believe the value for money when we paid the bill! We will definitely be back for another visit.