“wonderful cafe”

Ranked #1 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Banchory
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was a repeat visit for both my sister and I, making the trip out from Aberdeen well worth it. Not only is the food really tasty and well presented, the service is outstanding. A really friendly and welcoming wee café, that makes you want to stay and enjoy it. The homemade cakes are irresistible, one is never enough! My sister had to buy more to take home for later. Would definitely recommend and will happily visit again next time I'm out that way. A perfect Sunday, thank you Birdhouse!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We thought we'd try out the new Birdhouse cafe and we weren't disappointed. Yes it's small but it feels cosy.

I tried my husband's tomato and chorizo soup and it was really delicious. My toasted panini was fresh and tasty. I couldn't resist the look of the lovely cakes on the counter, so I tried the parsnip & maple syrup cake, and it was divine.

We couldn't believe the value for money when we paid the bill! We will definitely be back for another visit.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

The birdhouse cafe Banchory is absolutely lovely. Amazing selection of cakes, bakes and teas / coffees. Spoilt for choice! To top it off the staff are fantastic! Lovely place to spend a Saturday afternoon with friends!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Thought we would try this place instead of our usual place in Banchory but were left pretty disappointed. Although the staff were lovely the food wasn't really up to scratch with underseasoned (if seasoned at all) and bland soup and a teenie tiny sandwich served with about 5 crisps. We also had to leave our pram outside because there was about 2ft between each table which was o.k given that it was a sunny day but would be a complete nightmare if raining. Top marks for the staff but had to rate as "average" because food really not that great and very cramped.

3  Thank BattleGroundsAberdee
Reviewed June 4, 2013

A gem of cafe on Banchory high street, lovely homemade cakes and bakes, served with a smile, great coffee and even a paper to read whilst sitting, deserves to do well !

1  Thank iloveskiing1