“Great day out!”

Go Ape Crathes Castle
Ranked #5 of 18 things to do in Banchory
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A great day out near Aberdeen: Set in the grounds of historic Crathes Castle, we’re proud to unveil one of our new skateboard zips.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Me and my wife went to go ape for some adult time before a posh night in Aberdeen. The induction, and safety brief were great. Very thorough and to the point with no long boring intro... The course itself was great fun, with plenty of long zip slides throughout the course. Would definitely go again and recommend it as a good couples morning out!

Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and son did the tour at Crathes Castle. They had an excellent time. They recommend bringing along your own gloves, or you can purchase on site for £4. I watched from the ground with our smaller kids near the end (couldn't participate due to height restrictions). The course wasn't crowded the morning we went, so they didn't do any waiting. Highly recommend this activity - great father/son bonding!

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Came here for a stag do last year, staff were amazing and the site is really good fun. Highly recommend a visit here - particularly if like me you're afraid of heights, as it's a remarkably effective tool for helping beat that phobia!

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Recently booked my 2 teenage daughters into Go ape at crathes, what a brilliant time they had.
It isn't cheap but lasts around 1.5 to 2 hours and was perfect to keep them happy whilst I visited the castle and gardens with grandparents, and now means that a day at crathes is perfect for the whole family whatever their age.
The course is well laid out so non participants can walk in the woods and watch the go ape climbers.
The course also has parts where participants can chose a hard or easier route. It looked so good there's a chance that us older folk may have a go at it next time.
Would recommend booking in advance, very simple to do online.

Reviewed July 31, 2013 via mobile

I took my 11 year old brother along to Go-Ape on his trip up to Scotland.
We hadn't prebooked but luckily we were able to go on - there were only 5 of us in our session so there was no worry about hanging around or holding anyone up!

Our instructor Matt was very helpful and made sure we complete understood what we needed to do.

After our safety briefing we were off and it was so much fun!
It's a varied course and is quite challenging but not overly difficult.

The only part I really struggled with was one zip line and it took me 10-15minutes to jump of the platform!!!
We were able to do sections 4&5 again which was good and I even managed to do the zip line again (and it only took a couple of minutes that time)

When I first saw the prices I thought it was a bit much but I can honestly say it was definately worth the money!

All of the members of staff I met were very friendly and they even changed the name on my certificate without a problem!! :)

I will definately be going back very soon!!!!