This recently refurbished hotel is lovely - the decor, staff & food couldn't be faulted. A room issue we had was dealt with generously and quickly. We were there on a Sunday night and so more or less had the restaurant to ourselves but we had beautiful service and gorgeous food - very reasonably priced too. Tiny negatives are the soundproofing in the rooms - someone need to visit the ENT specialist re their snoring (!) and that the dining room was a wee bit cool to be comfortable (for us anyway). Seems petty to list though considering everything else.
Re the last review about the King Scallops - this wasn't a scallop dish, it was a Wild Garlic Veloute with a scallop garnish. We had to re-read the menu as it was slightly unclear but the soup does have the top billing.
Final comment goes to the General Manager - you fully deserve your personal award and the various hotel awards. Thank you for a brilliant stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A beautiful 4-Star Country House Hotel in the heart of Royal deeside. Offering luxury accommodation where the care and attention of our guests is paramount. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Tor-na-Coille reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tor-Na-Coille Hotel Banchory
- Tor-Na-Coille Banchory, Scotland