“Great Food”
Review of Burnett Arms Hotel

Burnett Arms Hotel
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Banchory
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel does not look much from out side. It's an old coaching house I believe. The rooms are comfortable, if small, but they have all the essentials.
There are two points that make this my favourite hotel when up in the Aberdeen area.
1) It's not in Aberdeen City Centre and does not have the noise that some hotels have. It's also in a really nice area for walking about at night, right down to the walk beside the golf course on the river. It's a 15-20 minute drive in the morning, but worth it.
2) The food. If your working away, you don't always want posh-nosh. They do the simple foods really well. I like the Stovies best. Don't get me wrong, they do some local fancy dishes, mainly fish as you are on the River Dee, but it's not my cup of tea.

Reluctant to put this review up, as it might get harder to get a room LOL.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Burnett Arms Hotel

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here on business on 3rd April 2013, I have abosolutely no complaints about the staff, who were really nice and the the room was adequate.
I did not have any food, but it looked delicious and plentifull, I asked another guest and he said he stayed there regularly and had no complaints.
The reason I have left a poor rating is that I was overcharged by the hotel on departure to what I was charged on my initial online booking.
It does not matter how good the hotel is or what facilities they may provide, if you overcharge a guest what he agreed to pay for then you lose all credibility im afraid.
So beware of this when booking!

Room Tip: Make sure they dont overcharge you when you check-out on your agreed rate!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2013

room was a small single and at the top of the hotel. I ate in the bar and the food was not to my liking. parking was plentiful and next to hotel. booking in and out was quick. The room was warm, which was inportant in the sub zero temperatures which we had.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Cant understand some of the other comments, only stayed for one night. Was very surprised with my room No.12 as it was very modern, clean, tv on wall, bathroom better than some 5 star hotels, soaps, beautiful white towels and great shower. Hotel looks old from outside, and probably not modern inside, but good quality fixtures in reception, and bar, very clean throughout. Staff very friendly, as for comment about bar prices, read review and went to bar across road only to meet noisey young crowd singing terrible songs, went straight back to hotel, where bar prices where 90pence cheaper than local bar, sat in comfort. Next morning went for breakfast at 9am, told last service at 9.30. Perhaps hotel could bend a little with 10am last orders. Most hotels service breakfast until 10am. Breakfast was amazing quality and great service from young waitress. Over all this was a great experience and would give 5 star rating for room, staff and price. Cannot comment on other rooms but ours was excellent.

Room Tip: No.12 was amazing. Was at back of hotel and very quiet. Great bed and goodnights sleep.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank IrisR400
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I stayed here on business as I was unable to get a hotel at a reasonable price in Aberdeen. Banchory is a lovely town ,however I was very disappointed with the Burnett Arms. My arrival was very disorganised with a lost reservation and general confusion if they actually had a room for me. The hotel really needs updating and the decor has seen better days. My room was dreadful,very small and old drab decor but was clean. The radiator didn't work and considering it was sub zero outside the room was very cold. If you like a "Faulty Towers" experience this hotel is a must. But if you are looking for a comfortable,reasonably priced,well ordered hotel then give the Burnett Arms a miss.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank christopher h
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Excellent customer service. My room needed a little updating but very clean, my friends room was very modern so the rooms are very different. Very homely feeling to the place. Breakfast was excellent beware very large portions..

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank georgieWakefield
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I had to book this hotel as I had been let down on the same day by the B&B I normally stay at. As there was nowhere else to go I decided this was the cheapest option (at £77 a night B&B). The room was okay, needed a bit of a lift where it comes to decor but it was exceptionally clean. The cleaners done a great job of preparing the bathroom and room every day. Something that was greatly appreciated by me. Unfortunately though I could tell that the girl who cleans my room had light brown/blonde hair as she managed to leave hairs all over the bed when making it. Not an issue on my part but could have done without picking them out.

The breakfast every morning was absolutely fantastic. The chefs really do do well in this department. Each item was perfect.

Each nights sleep was lovely. The beds are extremely comfortable and made for a perfect sleep. One thing I do feel needs adding is duvets on beds rather than 3 sheets on top of each other. Not a huge problem though.

I would stay here again (if the price reflected the quality) I don't think it's worth nothing but it definitely isn't worth the £77 I spent. A more reasonable price would be around the £50 mark.

Room Tip: Rooms on top floor are comfortable.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banchory
Banchory Lodge
#2 of 4 in Ballater
Thainstone House
Thainstone House
#1 of 5 in Inverurie

Been to Burnett Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!