See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Bit run down, depressing rooms, narrow spring mattresses, worn out blanket. On the positive side good food, nice breakfast end friendly staff.
Banchory itself is not an very picturesque place.

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband, baby son and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago as part of a wedding party, and I have mixed feelings about it! I think the hotel itself is quaint, the food is fantastic and the private bar and outside decking is really lovely. Buuuut....I really think the rooms need a huge redecoration and upgrade. We had a family room, but no cot was made available, we had to take our own. The power point on the wall was faulty and intermittant, and the windows were thick with condensation. However, it was a lovely wedding, staff were really lovely, breakfast was yummy and we slept like babies so it wasn't all bad....give it a shot! :)

Date of stay: March 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank MrsPlod2010
Reviewed November 28, 2011

The new winter menu is now available. I have been twice recently and had the medallions of beef both times - it is sooooo good! So go along to the pub and sit yourself down in front of the roaring fire and sample the new winter menu.

Date of stay: November 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank mollyandsocks
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Absolute dive, rooms dirty, not a bit like the pictures on the website.

Room tip: Dont waste your money
Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank JayHEdinburgh
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Had an early tea on Saturday evening, as usual the bar staff were pleasant and fast. The fish and chips are great...along with the onion rings! The decking at the back is great for a sunny afternoons drinking. I have eaten here a few times this year and always enjoyed it so it gets the thumbs up from me. Perhaps the toilets could be improved a bit but its not a reason to avoid the place by any means.

Date of stay: August 2011