“Really first class evening”

Falls of Feugh Restaurant & Function Suite
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Banchory
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I took my nephew for dinner at very short notice on Saturday 8th August. Arrived after 8.30 pm as the restaurant was starting to unwind after a busy day. We both had a 3 course dinner followed by coffee and cognac. I asked my well travelled nephew what he thought and he said best dining experience of his year. I would say I was of a similar viewpoint. Fabulous mussels for starters in a rich, cream,wine sauce with garlic,shallots and parsley. He had a cannelloni starter with salmon. Mains included steak with an unusual twist of a terrine of mince and tatties and a variety of other tasty accompaniments. I had a platter of pork including iberico pork cheeks which had marinated in red wine for two days and cooked with a star anise jus. That blew my socks off- it was spectacular. For desserts my nephew had a twist on cheesecake with parfait, double chic ice cream banana something or other and a grin the width of the table. I had a superb brûlée with bramble and raspberry sorbet, profiteroles , fresh raspberry and an equally wide grin. Much thanks go to Chef John Chomba and his great team for giving us a great night. For three courses, drinks, coffee and cognac we were under £100 too which was great value for this wonderful experience. This is my fourth time dining here and it just gets better and better. Many thanks all.

John C, Owner at Falls of Feugh Restaurant & Function Suite, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2014

Dear Ken R
Many thanks for your kind words. The staff and I were delighted to learn you and your nephew had such a positive experience and I only hope we can keep on getting better for you!
See you next time.
Kind regards

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I love coming to the Falls of Feugh for afternoon tea whenever I'm in town. It's one of my go-to spots. The fluffy scones and strawberry champagne preserve and whipped cream is the perfect companion to a hot pot of tea (known as cream tea for those not familiar with the term). I especially enjoy the setting in the fall when the leaves have turned to beautiful colours; it frames the Falls in the backdrop ever so nicely, not that the restaurant can take credit for that ;) I highly recommend you stop in, you won't regret it!

John C, Owner at Falls of Feugh Restaurant & Function Suite, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Many thanks for your kind review. It’s great to know you have had such positive experiences with us and hopefully you will be able to visit us again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Was really disappointed with our coffee stop on Saturday afternoon at this restaurant, don't get me wrong the setting is beautiful we were shown to a table but soon noticed that the staff were at sixes and sevens, there was no organisation at all, a waitress did come over and apologise for being so long telling us she had one more table to take their order then it would be our turn but be warned, if it is coffee you want there is only one girl making coffee and she is really back logged, after waiting 20min we received our coffees, scone and a victoria sponge, coffee was good, scone was ok but the sponge was jam on a plate with cream on top then a little piece of sponge cake on the top it was terrible, not our best coffee stop and don't think we will use again

11  Thank bluejames985
Reviewed July 13, 2014

It's been a while since we have had a meal and we decided to try the evening service. I arrange the reservation on the spur of the moment decision to cheer up my partner who has been ill.

The meal as in the past exceeded expectation. We had the set menus. The food is always a joy. Just when you think you have tasted everything or that there cannot be any other combination that could be more amazing you find another nugget of genius. I had the venison words can't describe the pleasure.

Thank you so much. Loved the little intermediary courses. We cannot recommend you enough.

John C, Owner at Falls of Feugh Restaurant & Function Suite, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2014

Dear Heidi E
Thank you so much for the review of your recent dinner with us. It was great you were able to finally come back after the snow stopped you last time!! I am delighted that the meal surpassed all expectation and look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed July 6, 2014

Sunday afternoon catch up with great chums and a delightful afternoon tea. The setting is so picturesque but unfortunately the sun disappeared as we arrived. Service is very friendly and we had a lovely offering of sandwiches, scones, cakes and mini Eton mess. One slight negative.....with so many goodies on offer you need to keep the coffee and tea flowing! We did eventually get more after we asked for refills though. Very reasonable and definitely worth a return visit.

1  Thank Lynne F
John C, Owner at Falls of Feugh Restaurant & Function Suite, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Lynne F
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent visit for Afternoon Tea. It has been proving especially popular so far this summer and its lovely to see guests enjoy dining on the balcony – sorry we couldn’t magic the sun back for you!! Tea & Coffee refills are standard with Afternoon Tea so apologies that it wasn’t flowing quickly enough for you. We have put measures in place to ensure speedier top ups so thanks for the feedback on that.
Kind regards