“A Little Gem”

Bedknobs Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 42 Bodmin B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I spent two nights here in January whilst working in Bodmin. I arrived late in the evening to be greeted as an old friend. Gill had called me earlier to introduce herself and see what time I was likely to arrive. I felt as if I was at home.
The bedroom was beautiful with many personal touches, such as fresh milk in the fridge, a corkscrew and wine glasses, a couple of cans of beer and mini bottles of wine chilling and it's very own teddy bear.
I asked about places to eat in town and Gill phoned most of them to see if they were open. As they weren't, she made me a delicious lamb casserole, most welcome after a long train ride from Cambridgeshire.
I will certainly stay again next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank RoamingAuditor

Reviewed January 16, 2014

On a short business trip to Bodmin,I came across this wonderful place owned by Gill and Kim.
Today I looked over my 2013 business diary and counted 124 occasions when I had to stay in a hotel or B and B. I think previous years will reflect the same numbers. I can honestly say that Bedknobs tops them all - I have stayed in the Hilton to the Travel Lodge depending on the clients proximity but never, ever experienced these dazzling standards.From arrival to departure nothing is overlooked.The bedroom has everything you need including things that go the extra mile - a well packed information folder provides fascinating in house and external information. I was truly impressed and you will be bowled over. A big thank you!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stayed 5 nights in the lovely HoneyPot apartment and enjoyed every moment of it. Gill and Kim were quite helpful and friendly and the meals were very good and varied (the cheese board was a must try). The first few days we went downstairs to eat with other guests, however, the following days, we had the option to have breakfast in our room as we were the only ones there. The town was walkable from the b&b and we followed our hosts' suggestions on where to eat. Gill also always kept us updated about the weather and advised us regarding where to take our walks. Bodmin is also a great central point to go from when visiting Cornwall and we would definitely come back to stay at Bedknobs the next time we visit!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 23, 2013

From the booking process to the farewell, little could be improved in the B & B experience at Bedknobs. Fresh milk in the mini fridge, locally smoked kipper on the breakfast menu, advice about the best local taxi firm, and a very comfortable room & bed.
Even the electric shower produced a torrent of hot water (not my normal experience with such devices) so I caught my train back to London in a very contented frame of mind.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here on our wedding night ( gift from our guests). The hosts stayed up and waited for us to arrive, which was lovely. The bed was comfy and the room was spacious. The room had lovely little touches and they had thought of everything you may have needed. The breakfast was delicious and there was lots to choose from. Highly recommended for a short stay.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Gill & Kim are great hosts going the extra mile to make your stay relaxed and enjoyable. They have a lovely home to welcome you into. Nothing is too much trouble. Just remember to take your slippers! If we go back to Cornwall Bedknobs will be on our list of places to stay.

Room Tip: Yew tree room has a private bathroom just across the hall.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We've stayed at Bedknobs several times now, just for a couple or three days en route to West Cornwall and the quality of our stays has never varied. The house is a lovely old one, slowly being renovated by Gill and Kim as time and guests permit. The rooms are excellent and have all the things travellers expect now (tea and coffee making facilities, small refrigerator with contents at reasonable prices if you wish, etc. Nothing is ever too much trouble and information about the surrounding countryside and beyond is readily available. All the rooms are quiet and peaceful. Breakfasts are excellent and Gill will readily prepare snacks if required. Altogether superlative!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family