Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club
$117
$114
$124
$116
All reviewssunday carverytrouser presspro shopchristmas partyin excellent conditionlambpatio doorsyorkshire puddingscallopsfirst floorsky sportsunderfloor heatingfrench doorsthe ground floorcornish breakfastlovely roomdouble room
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I attended my work christmas party last week and was not disappointed! From arriving in wet and miserable conditions we were made welcome and attended to promptly!

The food was yummy, plenty to eat, no way I was hungry following it! The beef was to die for, and the starter of various seafood wrapped in vine leaf was gorgeous too! The only criticism would be for the choice of cheese (too much stilton, why not smaller piece of Cornish Blue) on the cheese option and also the fact that the cheese was so cold! I understand that this is probably to do with food prep rules but cheese should be served at room temperature!

The disco, although loud (think I'm getting old, lol) was great!

All in all, a lovely evening! Thanks to all staff involved in making sure we all had a great time :)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 20, 2012

My husband's work Christmas party was held here last weekend. We arrived and were greeted by excellent reception staff and and given our room keys. We stated in a Delux room on the ground floor which had doors which opened onto the edge of the golf course. The room was very spacious and modern with a large comfortable bed. There was a good size TV. The room had tea and coffee making facilities and lovely Cornish biscuits. The bathroom was large and had a lovely big shower as well as a bath. Shower gel and soap dispensers were provided with good quality products. Not your normal run of the mill soaps!
The evening meal was excellent, served efficiently and was nice and hot. Good sized portions although we could have done with more vegetables. The two dishes of veg would have done 8 people but there were 11 of us, however, I am sure we could have had more had we asked.
The evening was a great success.
After an excellent sleep we had breakfast. Well, what can I say - we have stayed in many hotels but this one beats them all hands down on the quality of food served for breakfast. Firstly you could have fresh fruit, cereal, toast and then a cooked breakfast. The sausages were so good, I had to go back for more!! All served on piping hot plates.
I would highly recommend this hotel for the lovely, friendly staff and for the excellent food and accommodation. Well done to all concerned.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
clarebond, Owner at Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Thank you so much for the positive feed back on your Company Christmas party night here at Lanhydrock last weekend. We have just finished serving hundreds of festive meals and plan to close for just the one day tomorrow, Christmas day. The staff have worked extremely hard and were thrilled to read your kind words. To have taken the time to comment in such detail has allowed every department here to receive a "pat on the back" and we cannot thank you enough. We hope that you enjoy a lovely Christmas and will come back next year if not before.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed at this beautiful hotel while away on my own on business.
Upon arrival I was met by friendly and helpful staff who checked me in speedily and with a smile.
My room was beautiful and had a stunning view out over the golf course and rolling countryside.
The bed was just like the room; big and comfortable, the TV was large and the bathroom featured a wonderful big shower as well as a huge bath. It, like the rest of the room was spotlessly clean.
The whole hotel had quick and free wifi (which is a real sell for me). The bar had a great selection of drinks and both the Bar and Bistro offered food. The bistro looked like a great place to enjoy a meal with company but was subtly lit and as I was on my own I wanted to read while I waited for my food so I asked if I could eat from the Bistro Menu in the Bar. The staff were more than happy to help and when the food did arrive I certainly wasn't disappointed; it was beautiful. There were also plenty of Vegetarian options.
After my meal I enjoyed a couple of single malt whiskys from the excellent collection and went off for a wonderful night's sleep.
In the morning I enjoyed a equally fantastic breakfast with incredible views out of the huge glass wall of the bistro.The previous night darkness had hidden the views but in the morning I could've sat and watched the clouds roll over the golf course and hills for hours.
I know this sounds like a 5-star review and it very nearly is. However I think 5-Stars should be reserved for the very, very best experiences and the lack of gym facilities or a pool did disappoint. In addition the whole place feels very new and while this makes it spotlessly clean it does also mean there's a slight lack of character and atmosphere about the place.
All in all though; highly recommended. I'll certainly be back!

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking the Golf Course, the views are stunning!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2012

I stayed at the Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club
for one night, this is a modern hotel about 2 miles from the centre of Bodmin The room was equipped with the usual facilities and was spotless. There is the option to either eat in the restaurant or the bar area, I chose the bar area, the meal I ordered was excellent and I was surprised with the huge quantity. Unfortunately there did not appear to be any sweet options on the menu, however I was to full to have eaten one if it had been available.
The breakfast, again, was more than adequate and well cooked.
This hotel represents excellent value and I would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

As a Cornish family business we appreciate your feedback and are glad that you feel we provide value for money here at Lanhydrock. Your comments have been passed on to our hard-working staff and we hope to welcome you back very soon. Thank you.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I am leaving my review of this hotel now as this is the time people start thinking about their new years eve and I hope my review will help you make up your mind. Firstly we live in Cornwall and it is practically impossible to book to stay in a hotel for just new years eve due to the fact hotel owners are greedy and wont allow you to book for less than two or even three nights, which due to the fact we live in Cornwall would have been a complete waste of our money. This was not the case with Lanhydrock from my first phone call enquiring about their new year function the staff could not have been more helpful and were certainly happy for us to stay just the one night. We arrived mid afternoon and were greeted with a very happy friendly receptionist, and I have to say every single member of staff that we met were extremely pleasant and made us feel very welcome which considering they were working on new years eve was absolutely wonderful. We are in our mid forties and the average age at the black tie new year celebration was probably sixty but what a friendly wonderful atmosphere, and believe it or not we were probably one of the first to retire to bed at well after one o clock! The evening was spectacular the best new year we have ever spent, there was an official photographer taking everybodies pictures which came out perfectly, the music was amazing, a singer who sounded like the real deal and the disco was out of this world, not the average same old same old, but songs that you havent heard for years and absolutely love, we danced practically all night even our husbands and that is saying something! The food was beautiful and plenty of it. Our room was one of the best we have stayed in overlooking the golf course with all mod cons, very up to date and clean and a pleasure to get ready in, lovely toiletries in the bathroom too. The whole hotel has a lovely family run feel to it and I cant rate it highly enough. Unfortunately we dont have a babysitter this year but the next new year that we do we will definately be returning for their celebrations and we are considering having a weekend break there at some time in the near future even though it is only ten minutes from our home we enjoyed it so much. Thankyou very much Lanhydrock Hotel for a New Year we will always remember.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends

Your amazing feedback could not have been better timed! Thank you.
This year for the first time we advertised the New Years Eve party outside of the building via the internet and in local publications. The response has been fantastic and we have very few tickets left. This year's evening will consist of a Gala Dinner, a change from the Buffet Extravaganza of previous years. Guests will be warmly welcomed with a glass of bubbly then make their way to their table for dinner serenaded by Sammy our Motown and Soul entertainer. I am sure that you would love the evening and hope that next year you will be able to join us again. Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year from us all at Lanhydrock Hotel and Golf Club!