“Best place to stay EVER!”

and 1 more site!
Ruthern Valley Holidays
Ranked #1 of 21 Specialty Lodging in Bodmin
Reviewed August 11, 2013

My sister and I have been staying here for 4 or 5 years now and I wouldn't stay anywhere else. This campsite is set in a beautiful location surrounded by pretty woodland and although its close to the main roads its very peaceful.

We have stayed in the static caravans and also the cabins and both offer everything you could need when on holiday the cabins in particular are very roomy and everything is always very clean and tidy. It is also a great place for families with kids and even though I don't have kids and want a quiet relaxing holiday I have never found it to be hectic or noisy even with all the families staying on site.

The owners are very lovely friendly people who make you feel very welcome and will go out of their way to help and ensure you have a great stay with them. The prices are very reasonable and for what you get when staying here its excellent value, you also know that you wont ever be disappointed staying here. I LOVE this place and as I have said I never stay anywhere else!

Also I must quickly add that this location is perfect for travelling absolutely anywhere in Cornwall, we visit mostly for Boardmasters week and its always nice to return to after a busy day out. Cant recommend enough!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Ruthern Valley Holidays

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I stayed in one of the wigwams at Ruthern Valley Hoidays & from the moment I arrived at I felt like I was at home.
I had a warm, friendly welcome at reception and they were extremely helpful when I was getting my bearings for my few days stay!
The wigwam was such a quirky idea for a camping trip, and I'm so glad I booked it, it was warm in the evening and cool during the scorching days, there was a fridge for my essentials, kettle and microwave. Luckily I did not need the heater, but the option was there had it been needed.
The site was amazingly clean, good toilet facilities with lovely hot showers, washing up and ironing area always immaculately kept. The grounds were beautifully kept and it was so peaceful, I did not want to go back to city life!
I have already told friends about this fantastic find and would 100% recommend staying here - I will most certainly return in the future.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We have just returned from a week's camping at Ruthern Valley and will definitely be returning. Beautiful location,lovely pretty peaceful site,great pitches, great for children, great shop( which also sells camping gas, perfect if you run out mid week!) We never had to queue for a shower ,which were always lovely and warm and clean. A great spot from which to explore the Camel trail and the rest of Cornwall.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I booked a wigwam after a recommendation from a friend. I'm so pleased I did. We only stayed one night but wished we stayed longer. The site was beautiful and so quite. The owners couldn't do enough for us from the time we arrived until we left, even giving us sugar from their own supply after we ran out, and the shop had run out. Saying that the shop was very well stock with all you could need. The wigwam had heating, a fridge and a microwave although we only used the fridge. We will definitely visit again soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just returned from a short weekend break on one of the holiday bungalows. Bungalow very clean and nicely appointed. Very peaceful site and friendly and helpful owners. Enjoyed the chickens, sheep and pigs!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We booked this after being let down by the place we had booked, and were upgraded from Pod to Wigwam as soon as we put the phone down. And we loved it. Much bigger than a pod and with power, microwave [although I don't ever use them], kettle, fridge, beds and room to move. Outside was a lovely picnic area and the wildlife was amazing. Really pleased to see Ransoms [wild garlic] growing just by the door. We both slept like babies.

Room Tip: Definitely try and get a wigwam rather than pod if you can.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank A J
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This is not our first time here but it was our first time as a family. This time we opted for a lodge as the thought of entertaining an 18 month old in a tent in a downpour was awful. The lodge was more spacious than expected, with a great shower and comfy beds and tv. Must when little ones get up at dawn. The deck was great as people must have fed the birds and squirrels and this provided plenty of entertainment in the morning and evening sun was good for an evening G&T after bedtime. We love the fact that it is a quiet site that feels very relaxed. Minimal noise and very friendly, mainly due to the owners hospitality. The shop seems to have most things even if your only after advice as where to go during the day. Families may spend a lot of time by the play area, be warned. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Skytourist
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodmin
Best Western Fowey Valley
#10 of 37 in St Austell
Newquay View Resort
Newquay View Resort
#4 of 78 in Newquay

Been to Ruthern Valley Holidays? Share your experiences!