Westberry Hotel
Tredethy House(Tredethy)
Good 3.5/5
Royal Oak Inn(Lostwithiel)
  • Pool
All reviewsthai foodoriental buffetcooked perfectlythai green currystay at this hotel againbodmin towngood sizehole in the walllovely mealpoached eggstea and coffeefantastic hotelsmall hotelroad workshuge bathroomroom was clean and comfortablefamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel is rated a 2 star for some reason, it deserves more. The room we had was large with everything we needed icluding WiFi. The whole hotel was spotless. The staff were both helpful and friendly. The hotel has a restaurant serving steaks and thai meals and it was excellent. Highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We booked one night on our trip through South England. What a great hotel. Nice rooms, very clean. Nice lady (owner?) at the reception!

The food is great. Real thai tastes!
We booked another day!
We certainly come back, when visiting Cornwall.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 21.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I didn't stay here but went on the recommend of Bedknobs B & B. I was on my own and didn't feel intimidated at all. I had a quiet table and enjoyed a very nice meal of salmon with a complimentary glass of wine and I felt the cost of the meal was quite reasonable.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Really did enjoy my visit lst June. Was able to have my favourite breakfast- poached eggs on top of haddock. Nice to be able to book in at 1 and leave at 11 as another hotel I nearly booked at, had a book in time of 3 p.m. Very central to the town. Bedroom very clean. I hope to stay here again and will tell my friends as it is a very reasonable hotel and does have ground floor rooms. The dining room was well appointed and had good views. A couple I spoke to had had a meal there the night before and recommended it.

Room Tip: If you cannot manage stairs, book a ground floor room.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I booked what i thought was a reasonably priced hotel for a short bank holiday weekend break. The write up for this seemed quie good, although it had only been been given a 2 star rating by the AA. I was really surprised when i arrived. This is more than a 2 star. I travel a lot gobally in my job and have stayed in places with much higher ratings and nowhere where as nice as this.
I suggest that anyone going is onto a winner. It is excellent, clean, good service and really pleasant to stay in.
If this is classified by the AA as 2 star whoever is doing the rating wants sacking they obviously have no idea how to rate places. I would question the AA's judgment always from now on and not use their star rating as a guide this one is so wrong.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 5 so cannot comment on others but I'm sure they as all just as good.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple