“Excellant Pub”

Masons Arms
Ranked #24 of 67 Restaurants in Bodmin
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Drinks, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Launceston, United Kingdom
“Excellant Pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Just to say thank you all very much for your Hospitality the other Sunday 11 Aug 2013 from myself (Andy Trigg Morris) and my biker friends who had come down from Stafford for a weekend camping. They allowed us to eat our takeaway in the pub, they even supplied the plates and eating irons, what a brilliant idea. The beer is always good here with guest ales often being available.

Visited August 2013

Groningen
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I popped into the Masons Arms for a quick pint on my way to the Indian restaurant, and ended up staying the whole evening. The landlords, Paul and Wendy got chatting (they're good at that!) and suggested I eat my takeaway at the pub, which I duely did. The pub doesn't serve food so customers are welcome to consume their own food there. What a great idea. The beer on offer was local and served in excellent condition, and apparantly their range is ever-changing with many guest ales. Great pub - highly recommended!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank mrbasstrombone
“Great traditional pub”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

Excellent choice of beers and service to match. The service was good and the landlady and locals very friendly. Plenty of things happening diring the week and weekend (we took part in the quiz and came last). Thanks for a great evening and see you again next time were in the area ( the northern illegitimates).

• Visited April 2013
“Nice pub, colourful owners”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

My fine gentleman friends And myself visited this pub on a night out for our train spotters annual shin dig, we had heard that the venue serves tremendous ales and stupendous food..... The recommendations were not wrong, we were satisfied, even my mate Big Alfred who is quite partial to his garlic mushrooms.

My issue was the landlady, a petite specimen with the sting of a scorpion. When I enquired as to where the Tartare Sauce was for my Plaice Goujons she snapped at me with a bitter tone in her voice that made me feel most uneasy. Even Me mate Big Maximillian, muttered in my left ear that I must have done something to upset the lady of the house.

All in all, great pub, good ales, pleasant food but the landlady was a bit snappy and I got the distinct vibe that her husband was very much told what to do. My bi sexual pal Big Marcus was a bit flirty with the landlord and the landlady was certainly quick to dampen the banter and assert her authority on her hubby.

Worth a visit but a touch like Fawlty Towers

1 Thank RupePostlethwaite
Camberley
“Excellent pub - good beer, welcoming.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

An excellent pub with an exceptional landlady. Friendly, helpful... excellent beer. Shame that they no longer do food, because of fall in demand. I'll be back.

• Visited July 2012