“Park Farmhouse”

Ranked #14 of 42 Bodmin B&B and Inns
Manchester UK
“Park Farmhouse”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at Park Farmhouse. Don`t be put off by the rustic feel, it was very comfortable, quiet and relaxing. Phil and Helen were very friendly and looked after us really well. A very nice breakfast was served. The buildings are old and interesting and there is a pleasant garden to sit out in. Close to Bodmin and within easy striking distance of Padstow and Port Isaac.
It is just off the main road but was not noisy at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Phyllis4711

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 20, 2012

The first thing I noticed on arrival at the Park Farmhouse was the friendly welcome of owners Helen and Phil, who are very attentive and keen to make sure you have everything you need during your stay. I was visiting the area catching up with friends and needed an accessible and comfortable place to stay, which I found in the Park Farmhouse.

My room was comfortable, homely and the bed especially was excellent, it had all the facilities I needed during my stay. The bathroom was modern and spacious and the traditional features of the farmhouse add character and personality.

The Park Farmhouse is situated in quiet and peaceful surroundings and the room in which I stayed had a lovely view over the large garden.

All in all an excellent place to stay and great value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Clara R
na
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Generally, I am a habitual user of Travelodge, but since they don’t seem to be as cheap in Cornwall, and upon recommendation from a friend, I decided to be a little more adventurous and opt for this bed and breakfast - and I’m rather glad that I did, as I was really impressed. I’d never done so before, as one can’t help but envision a poorly maintained building with too casual of a regard to cleanliness, dodgy plumbing and moody owners, but this was not the case at all. It was an old building, surely a few hundred years, but it was very charming and appeared well taken care of. I was pleased that the bathrooms were modern, and that the level of cleanliness was high.

The room was clean and tidy, and the bed was comfortable. So no complaints there.

The views in the room and downstairs all overlooked the garden, which was a welcome change from the usual view one gets of a crowded car park. The windows were quite big too for an old house, so even though the weather was a little gloomy, things stayed relatively bright.

I was also pleased that they offered wi-fi. The signal wasn’t at its fullest while in our room, and did drop out once, but I didn't really have any problems with it outside of that, and was still able to chat with family abroad.

The owners were welcoming and friendly, and were happy to help when I was having trouble with my key. They were new to the area, so were not able to give fully specific details of all attractions, but they were able to give general directions and had some leaflets available.

In the end, it was almost a shame to leave, as I would love to live somewhere like that. I’d not been to Cornwall before, but it seems like a lovely area, that I think i would visit again. Even driving on the main roads is surprisingly pleasurable due to the landscape.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Ian W
devon
Reviewed April 12, 2012

The farmhouse is 100 years old and is full of character.It is ideally situated for a great many attractions.Extremely comfy and clean. Special diets taken care of.Nothing is too much trouble ,thoroughly enjoyable and peaceful.Highly reccomended

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank tutankhamen
Bournemouth
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Stayed for two nights in late June, one night purchased as a Christmas gift which we just got round to using.

Sarah was very nice and friendly but we felt a little cheated to be fair. As mentioned above one night was purchased for us as a gift based on what else was on offer i.e. shooting, cooking etc. During booking of the two night stay it was never mentioned that this was no longer offered. The farmhouse is in the process of being sold, Justin is no longer working there so Sarah is on her own and therefore there is no option of doing what was advertised but this was never mentioned to us until we arrived which we thought was a bit naughty.

Room was lovely but not as clean as where we had stayed for the few days before and breakfast not as good either. Overall a big disappointment and a bit more honesty before we got there would have been appreciated. Turned out to be just somwhere to sleep when it was booked based on the promise of more than that.

Sarah advised the website is now down so hopefully not too many others will be caught out as we were.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Strood, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2011

We stayed at Park Farmhouse for my husband to take part in their Kill it, Cook it, Eat it course. Park Farmhouse is set in beautiful countryside just off the main road between Bodmin and Wadebridge and is a mile and a half to the nearest village. We received a warm welcome from Sarah & Justin and their dogs when we arrived. The lounge features a log burning stove which was much appreciated during the cold evenings. Our bedroom featured a good sized bed with en suite shower room which was all we needed. The mini chocolate bars provided were a nice touch every evening.
The breakfasts were hearty and you could take your pick from full cooked breakfast and/or bread, pastries and cereals and Sarah's home made jams and lemon curd which were delicious. We didn't really need to eat lunch any day we were there as we were so full.
Both Sarah and Justin are accomplished chefs and during our stay we had some amazing food. We mentioned that we liked good quality meat and as a surprise on the last night they got us a beautiful steak for our final meal. We also found the amount of contact with them was just right - they left you to get on with it but were always on hand if you wanted them.
They offer free WiFi if you ask nicely but phone service is pretty non-existent inside unless you have O2. This could be classed as either an upside or a downside depending on your addiction to being in contact!
It is only a short drive into Wadebridge which is an attractive town where you can spend time pottering about the shops and cafes. There's also a spa just outside if you fancy some beauty treatments whilst you're there.
As part of our stay hubby went shooting with Scott and brought back some rabbits, amongst other things, which Mark used in the cookery class the following day. Both Scott and Mark are great guys who really know their stuff.
Overall highly recommended and will definitely be back. And we would really recommend the course if you're into shooting and cooking.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bodmin
Tredethy House
Costislost Organic B&B
Costislost Organic B&B
#3 of 26 in Wadebridge
Trewint Farm Bed & Breakfast

Been to Park Farmhouse? Share your experiences!