“Newcastle upon tyne to Troutbeck”

The Enchanted Teapot
Ranked #9 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Brampton
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Newcastle upon tyne to Troutbeck”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Brampton is a good place to stop for a break, The enchanted teapot was a good choice. We enjoyed our toasted tea cakes and pot of tea, the water is so good in the lakes that is why the tea tastes so good.We were going to have scones but were not quite out of the oven, we were the first costomers of the day. We will be going back to try the scones on our next visit to the lakes.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank NortheastRobin

Luxor, Egypt
“Simply enchanting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

While travelling home to Windy Nook, after staying with a friend in Dumfries, we needed a 'tea-stop' and called into Brampton. Parking the car on the main street, all we could see in the immediate vicinity were pubs and shops, but as we rounded a nearby corner, we spotted 'The Enchanted Teapot'.

We were, indeed, enchanted by the name, as it suggested an owner who might be passionate about the 'drink of the gods'! On entering, we were struck by the cosy atmosphere, and the range of goodies displayed on the counter and within the glass cases.We were also surprised to see the neatly arranged up-to-date magazines, periodicals and newspapers which were on the broad windowsill next to the first table, a friendly and inviting touch, I would say.

The tea menu was the most wide ranging that I have ever seen. Twinings would be proud of this establishment, I'm sure! We ordered our preferred choice, along with a toasted teacake and a plain scone from the selection of homemade fare on offer. The order was executed promptly and with good cheer. The food was lovely, but the best of all was the actual tea itself. It was sublime!

I've been a tea drinker all my life, but I can honestly say that I've never had better than in the Enchanted Teapot! (And that's saying something, I can tell you!) I don't know whether it's the quality of the water, or what? All I do know is that there is something magic going on here, and long may it continue!

The tea at this place is so good that I would recommend making the detour to go via Brampton if you are anywhere near, (it's only a few minutes off the A69) I know I certainly shall in any future journeys 'out West'!

Highly recommended.