Stanley Arms
$65
$63
Chadwick House Hotel(Macclesfield)
$64
Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
$71
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Macclesfield Adlington(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
$45
Travelodge
Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
$70
PremierInn.com
Legh Arms(Prestbury)
$83
Travelodge Macclesfield Central(Macclesfield)(Great Value!)
$27
Travelodge
    Mottram Hall(Mottram St. Andrew)
    $129
    $122
    $103
    $91
    • Pool
    The Bridge Hotel(Prestbury)
    No availability for your dates from our partners
    All reviewsdecanter of sherrylambthe pubpeak districtconverted barnmacclesfield forestbottle storereal firecoal firefresh vegetableswell worth a visitmelt in the mouthcat fiddlesunday lunchexcellent foodhome madereal ale
    Reviewed February 18, 2014

I went here for Sunday dinner after reading the reviews and would never go back. I ordered the roast dinner and the potatoes looked and tasted like they had forgotten to roast them. They were hard and not cooked at all! When the man who I took to be the landlord came to take my plate he asked if everything was ok and I told him about the potatoes (all of which I had left). He just took my plate away without saying a word. I was at least expecting an apology! When I went to pay the bill I mentioned this to the bar man who I think was the landlords son given his equally rude manner. He gave me a sarcastic apology and then just said " bye then" as I walked out!! I have never ever had such bad service! I actually wish I had refused to pay for the meal as I think £11.95 is expensive for a roast dinner I couldn't eat!!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
    2  Thank petedowen
    Reviewed January 5, 2014

Booked on the spur of the moment for a New Year's Eve break. We wanted to get away and have a pleasant but quiet evening. We couldn't have chosen better. We were given a warm welcome, and shown our very well furnished room (the Stanley, which qualifies as a suite as it has a bit more room than others). The bar is full of chat in front of a roaring coal fire. The dinner menu is limited (which we think is a good sign) and all home cooked by Carolyn. Dinner and breakfast were, quite simply, delicious.

We repaired to the bar and had 2 or 3 hours of good company, conversation and drink. Adrian and Carolyn - not forgetting George the dog) are perfect hosts and their passion shows. As others have said, nothing is too much trouble. The Stanley Arms is quite literally in the middle of nowhere (at least in winter) but is what a pub should be - welcoming, full of character, and guaranteed to leave you with a smile. We will be back.

Room Tip: Stanley suite was roomy and well supplied
    • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
    Reviewed October 27, 2013

After reading the other reviews on the Stanley Arms, I'm wondering if I stayed in a different hotel!
    Travelling on my own, I stayed several nights here. I found the hotel extremely difficult to find and having no GPs only made it worse. Even when asking several people for directions, nobody could help me until two friendly workman set me on the right road. My room, the Derby, was lovely - large and very clean. I found the food was the big let down. Breakfast was quite OK, but nothing special, whilst dinner was a disappointment. Perhaps I ordered the wrong things, but half a duck at 18.95pounds, which arrived over-cooked and stringy, was not what I expected.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
    1  Thank 2ofusMelb
    Reviewed October 24, 2013

We decided to break a journey to Cumbria with an overnight stop at the Stanley Arms and we were not disappointed.
    We had a comfortable, cosy room that was very clean.
    Very good food and 'chef' takes pride in what she cooks and presents. Good quality local produce - the 'Bottom of the Oven' lamb is excellent but I need to be eighteen again to do it justice.
    Would we stay again? Yes we would!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
    1  Thank MarcosMantara
    Reviewed October 24, 2013

This was our 6th stay at the Stanley Arms, as usual it was perfect. Our room, The clough Room, was fabulous and the food was superb !! Adrian and Carolyn are wonderful people and nothing is too much trouble. It is such a great place to stay and we will definately be returning in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple