One of several pubs in the area built by local private banker and silk manufacturer John Ryles in the mid 1820s (the best known being the Cat & Fiddle), now more geared towards dining than drinking. Good quality pub food with all the old favourites (plus a few 'contemporary' dishes) all at reasonable prices with good portion sizes. Staff friendly and helpful and a 10% discount for Gold Card Members. Last visited in mid October 2011: my steak was of excellent quality and cooked exactly as requested; the missus was very pleased with the home-made burger which came with all the trimmings. Limited draught beer selection, though the local Winkle Ale was on excellent form and made up for this. Will definitey go again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- “The real Taste of Cheshire” Set amidst the rolling hills of the Cheshire countryside. The start/finish of the Gritstone Trail, and other rambling routes. The Ryles Arms has long been established as a venue for home cooked food, that offers a welcoming, friendly and relaxed environment. The Ryles Arms has free, secure car parking and the five bedrooms all have en-suite bathrooms, tea/coffee making facilities and complimentary Wi-Fi.Breakfast, lunch and dinner are served, with much of the produce sourced from the local area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your The Ryles Arms reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Ryles Arms Hotel Macclesfield
- The Ryles Arms Macclesfield, England, UK