“Overnight stay”

Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Macclesfield
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Overnight stay as we attended a concert at Gawsworth Hall. Rooms spacious, clean, well equiped and an extremely comfortable king sized bed . Friendly staff. Meal in restaurant was adequate, good value. ..2 meals for £10. Excellent cooked breakfast plus fruit, cereals, croissants etc. Would definitely stop here again for an overnight stay if visiting Macclesfield in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013
Tracey A, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at Gawswoth Hall. I look forward to welcoming you back at Macclesfield South West Premier Inn. Kind regards, Tracey Armstrong Operations Manager

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel during a visit to Macclesfield for a family party , the reception was very friendly the room was worth 4 stars ,the only downside was no tablet os soap in the bathroom only liquid hand soap . We also had breakfast wich was second to none . For the price we paid it was very good value.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Tracey A, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your visit at Macclesfield South WestPremier Inn. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
Tracey Armstrong Operations Manager

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We use Premier Inns quite frequently and this I would class as bottom of that particular pile.
The receptionist was friendly but disorganised. The bar staff were hassled. The lunch we ordered took forever to arrive and was not very good.
The only plus was that the room was reasonably comfortable.
My adverse comments relayed to Premier Inn HQ have not been acknowledged!

Room Tip: I can submit no helpful tips for this establishment.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mary R
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed provide this. Please be assured that your comments will be duly followed up by Guest Relations and the Management Team at this hotel. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a get together with family.
Couldn't fault a thing, check in, staff, room, service, price.
The pub & restaurant attached to the hotelas great, the food very good and very reasonable price wise. The pub was very busy with locals, i think that speaks volumes.
We use this particular chain of hotels quite often and this one was by far the best so far.

• Stayed: May 2013
Tracey A, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed yourselves at Macclesfield South West. I look forward to welcoming you back. Kind regards, Tracey Armstrong Operations Manager.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed here after a friends wedding and I was on the ground floor we're none of the rooms locked, I didn't feel safe and I wouldn't stay again. The hairdryer was also broken. The staff were friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All rooms within the Premier Inn lock automatically once the bedroom door closes, no one can access this room unless they have a key, we do apologise that there was any confusion around this matter, if you would like to discuss this further, please do email us at talktous@premierinn.com. Thank you once again for leaving your feedback.

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I Had the pleasure of staying here for two nights may 2013. I was meet by a blonde hair girl on reception who I later found out was called Tracey and she was the manager. She was very friendly and checked me very quickly and told me alittle about the area should I wish to have a walk around. The hotel room was alittle dated with the old square tv but was clean and fresh and the bed and pillows where very comfortable and the sheets where soft and not hard like some hotels I have stayed in. The room had a bed tv and a couch and a chair. The room smelled fresh and looked clean and I guess that's all you can ask for. The bathroom was small with a shower in the bath and mirror and toilet. There was plenty of hot water for a long shower. The hotel offers breakfast which is provided by the fayre and square pub attached to the hotel. The breakfast was cooked fresh not like other premier inns where the food sits out on hot plates waiting to be eaten. You can have a lovely fresh cooked breakfast made by them or just have cereal or toast with a choice of hot or cold drinks. THe food and this fayre and square was great it's not five star but then again if you want 5 star why are you staying in a premier inn? The food was very nice and by cheap ( two meals for £10 ) what more could u ask for.... I hope you enjoy your stay here at this premier inn as much as I did. One last thing most people on here have rated and spoke about Tracey in some way saying how good she is at her job I just hope premier inn take notice of her as I feel she is a asset to what made this stay most enJoyable. B.sloan Belfast

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Tracey A, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again at macclesfield south premier inn

Reviewed April 29, 2013

we stayed here one night as it was close to Gawsworth Hall where we were attending a car show. the setting for the hotel is nice and green with a big car park. what made our stay was the level of service received from the woman on reception. she made us feel really welcome.
the room was clean and comfy though this is not a brand new premier inn. the bed was comfy and the temperature of the room was fine.
we ate in the attached fayre and square for dinner. having eaten in this chain before we knew what to expect food wise and it was fine for our needs and good value. my only gripe was that the Shiraz was on offer but they had run out. we spent the whole evening in the pub and returned to our room through the adjoining door full and a bit tipsy!
all in all a good stay and we would return if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracey A, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Travelodge Macclesfield Central
Shrigley Hall Hotel, Golf & Country Club
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew

Been to Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel? Share your experiences!