“Didn't feel safe”

Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Macclesfield
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I stayed here after a friends wedding and I was on the ground floor we're none of the rooms locked, I didn't feel safe and I wouldn't stay again. The hairdryer was also broken. The staff were friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. All rooms within the Premier Inn lock automatically once the bedroom door closes, no one can access this room unless they have a key, we do apologise that there was any confusion around this matter, if you would like to discuss this further, please do email us at talktous@premierinn.com. Thank you once again for leaving your feedback.

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel

Reviewed May 4, 2013

I Had the pleasure of staying here for two nights may 2013. I was meet by a blonde hair girl on reception who I later found out was called Tracey and she was the manager. She was very friendly and checked me very quickly and told me alittle about the area should I wish to have a walk around. The hotel room was alittle dated with the old square tv but was clean and fresh and the bed and pillows where very comfortable and the sheets where soft and not hard like some hotels I have stayed in. The room had a bed tv and a couch and a chair. The room smelled fresh and looked clean and I guess that's all you can ask for. The bathroom was small with a shower in the bath and mirror and toilet. There was plenty of hot water for a long shower. The hotel offers breakfast which is provided by the fayre and square pub attached to the hotel. The breakfast was cooked fresh not like other premier inns where the food sits out on hot plates waiting to be eaten. You can have a lovely fresh cooked breakfast made by them or just have cereal or toast with a choice of hot or cold drinks. THe food and this fayre and square was great it's not five star but then again if you want 5 star why are you staying in a premier inn? The food was very nice and by cheap ( two meals for £10 ) what more could u ask for.... I hope you enjoy your stay here at this premier inn as much as I did. One last thing most people on here have rated and spoke about Tracey in some way saying how good she is at her job I just hope premier inn take notice of her as I feel she is a asset to what made this stay most enJoyable. B.sloan Belfast

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Tracey A, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your comments we are glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you again at macclesfield south premier inn

Reviewed April 29, 2013

we stayed here one night as it was close to Gawsworth Hall where we were attending a car show. the setting for the hotel is nice and green with a big car park. what made our stay was the level of service received from the woman on reception. she made us feel really welcome.
the room was clean and comfy though this is not a brand new premier inn. the bed was comfy and the temperature of the room was fine.
we ate in the attached fayre and square for dinner. having eaten in this chain before we knew what to expect food wise and it was fine for our needs and good value. my only gripe was that the Shiraz was on offer but they had run out. we spent the whole evening in the pub and returned to our room through the adjoining door full and a bit tipsy!
all in all a good stay and we would return if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Tracey A, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Firstly let me say I love Premier Inns. This one was as good as any I have stayed in. The reception staff were lovely, really friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and had everything that you could want. The only downside was the bathroom was very cold,but overall a good hotel. There is a Fayre and Square pub alongside which is where you have breakfast and dinner and the food was very good.

Room Tip: we had a room on the first floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 29, 2013

As a single woman traveling alone I found the site to be very safe.

All the staff where fantastic, the lady who welcomed us on reception was so friendly and helpful a rare thing to see these days.
The check in by her was so nice and smooth, asking correct question to find out if I needed breakfast etc.
Making sure I was aware of the guarantee and that I had a taxi booked for in the morning.

The room was so lovely and the beds comfy, the bath was massive and I could not help but have a massive soak and relax :)
The attached restaurant was nice as well with a meal for 3 and drinks coming to 40 pounds only.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Just back from this Premier Inn with 2 friends. I can't fault it at all, and honestly cannot see how people can fault it or the restaurant, unless they were expecting 4 or 5 star service!

After arriving late in the evening we were greeted by a lovely lady who explained everything clearly to us and given our room key. Went into our room (on the bottom floor) and we were pleasantly surprised by the room. Lovely and clean, clean towels, bedding, room and bathroom in general. Tea and coffee supplies and a kettle were also supplied which was a bonus. What I was also impressed with was that on the corner of each of the pillows was a card saying if we wanted firmer or softer pillows to contact the front desk. I've never had this before, even when staying in 4* hotels!

Room was a bit cold but once we discovered the heating unit we were able to heat up soon enough.
Soap and shower gel was supplied in little dispensers attached to the wall was was also great. Hot water was not a problem, which I was worried about after reading some comments on here. We were the 2nd last room at the end of the corridor, but we had no problems at all.
No noise complaints from me either, and there were a few work lorries out in the car park in the mornings, I only knew about these when I looked out the window!

The food in the adjoining restaurant was lovely. Friendly and helpful staff. And the food was beautiful, and cheap! There was lots to choose from on the menu, from salad to burgers, to curry and desserts! Between myself and my friend we had a 2 course meal for £10 each, and then had a dessert each for £5.00 for 2! so for 3 courses we paid £15, and I was stuffed afterwards!
I'd personally recommend the combo for 2, which was £8 and had Chicken wings, Chicken pops, onion rings, breaded scampi, crispy herb potatoes, garlic bread, dressed mixed leaf salad and 2 sauces of your choice.
If you are unsure of what the restaurant offers just have a look at their menu for yourself and see what the prices are like. We're only sorry we couldn't stay longer to try a few others on the menu.
We're planning on going back in June for a weekend as it was just nice and peaceful.

The Inn itself is situated outside the town. However there is a bus that stops right outside the door and takes you in. Although a lot of the shops have closed down now. We spent the morning in there then came back home and enjoyed our kid free break and just time to relax.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Tracey A, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback and am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back in June to Macclesfield South West Premier Inn Kind regards, Tracey Armstrong Operations Manager.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The hotel is not up to the usual Premier Inn standard which surprised us having normally found Premier Inns highly reliable. The rooms are in need of refurbishment and the bathroom was very well worn with mould and rust around the bath handles. The restaurant was a Fayre and Square which was seemed to offer nothing at all which you might consider "healthy" therefore we headed off to the excellent "Leathers Smithy" which we did not regret. This hotel/restaurant is in need of refurbishment. We had a poor nights sleep with regular noise outside the room (sounded like a pump going on and off....).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. At Premier Inn we endeavour to ensure all our guests have an enjoyable stay in a clean and comfortable environment and do apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Travelodge Macclesfield Central
#1 of 2 in Alderley Edge
Chadwick House Hotel
Chadwick House Hotel
#8 of 8 in Macclesfield

Been to Premier Inn Macclesfield South West Hotel? Share your experiences!