“Great stay”

Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Macclesfield
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed at the Macclesfield North Premier Inn on the night of 14th Feb14. Overall the facilities were excellent, the staff without exception were friendly and helpful at both the inn and restaurant and obviously well trained. We have stayed at quite a few different premier inns in different locations over the years but this one has got to be one of the best. Our room was newly refurbished and one could not have asked for more. However, whilst I have no doubt that Hypnos beds are extremely comfortable for the majority I feel there must be more people out there like myself who suffer from back and joint problems where firm beds such as Hypnos aggravate the condition. At home I sleep on memory foam and I would like to suggest that a memory foam mattress topper be made available to those who require it. I would suggest that when making the booking it is offered as an option for an extra cost. I feel most people who suffer as I do would be happy to pay extra for this additional comfort. It is not possible to travel by car and use one' s own because of space constraints in the average car. I hope Premier Inns will consider this option seriously.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
omar k, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Hi Patricia F,
Thanks for taking time out for writing a review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
Here at Macclesfield Premier Inn, we have just had all out beds and matresses replaced with the latest hypnos matresses and aditionally, if you stay with us next time let us know and we can get your bed topped up with a memory foam topper which we have at this particular hotel. I have also passed on your comments to my line manager to be considered.
Once again, thanks for your lovely comments.

Kind regards

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The hotel was easy to locate just off the main road to Stockport and Manchester and with good parking facility. The hotel has been refurbished and the room was clean and spacious as was the bathroom. The bed was very comfortable and no noise from inside or outside the hotel - recipe for a good night's sleep. Friendly staff and very good breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi rcsleong,
Thank you for your lovely comments about our hotel and the staff. Its really good to get these comments and I have passed on yours to the staff who are all delighted.
I am glad that you had a good stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Kind regards
Omar.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

We stayed last weekend from 20 to 23rd February for a family wedding nearby. Everything at this Premier Inn was first class, despite the fact that there was some continued refurbishment of the reception area.

The reception staff were visible, friendly and helpful. The restaurant was good with excellent breakfasts and fast service. We also ate in there one evening in two sittings - and each time had a private area for our larger parties. The food and service were great.

The room was large and newly refurbished. It was extremely clean and up to date. We stayed for three nights and slept well on each one. There was a wedding party staying one night and we were not disturbed - and I am a *very* light sleeper. There was plenty of space for our belonging as a family of four. The only slight complaint would be about the quality of the low down bed for the extra child, but this was because it ended up being slept on by an adult who did not have as comfy a night as my daughter would have had there!

So all in all, a fantastic stay and at half the price of the hotel where the wedding took place. We would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
omar k, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2014

Hi Ottee,
Thank You for taking time to write a fantastic review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. The refurb work at the reception is now over and we have a brand new reception to compliment our new rooms. we look forward to seeing you again.

Regards

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed here with my husband on Valentine's night as a get away from the children. I chose this hotel because it was within an hour from home and had the restaurant attached. It looked nice from outside and had really good reviews about the staff. When we arrived we received the warm welcome we expected and were checked in very quickly. The room was also as expected comfortable and clean (recently been decorated throughout). The meal in the pub next door was lovely and we couldn't have been looked after better. It was everything I have come to expect from a Premier Inn.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Hi JoFurny72,
Thanks for your nice comments. I am glad that you had a good Valentines day at our hotel. I have also passed on your comments to the restaurant. Look forward to seeing you again.

Regards

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel, room was very good and bed amazing. We went to this hotel for a Wedding Anniversary party nearby. The service was excellent, a young man in the restaurant called Martin was fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2014

The room was lovely and nothing was too much trouble for the staff. I really enjoyed my two day stay here. Well done to all staff. I was a little chilly in my room but staff put an extra heater in there and it was warm and toasty. I was also provided with quite a lot of tea and coffee sachets and milk, so had plenty in the room.

Room Tip: A little noise from above on the ground floor but they were updating rooms and tried to keep noise t...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Chose this hotel over the South one after reading reviews on trip advisor! Such a good choice. Received a phone call to say they were having alterations and did we want to cancel in case we were disturbed by noise, we chose not to cancel and to go ahead with our stay. I had requested a few extra duvets to go over my mattress as I suffer with my back, these were delivered to our room. We checked in on a Saturday after a swimming competition at nearby leisure centre, this was a 10 minuted trip in car and easily accessed. Upon check in we were warmly greeted by the very friendly and courteous receptionist "Diogo" , he is a credit to his employers and was so helpful, he checked us in, told us about the meal plan and breakfast, told us he had given us a quiet room away from the building work and carried my case upstairs to our room.

ROOMS: New rooms, lovely and bright with new furnishings and bedding. Kingsize bed with memory foam topper, lovely thick duvet, soft and firm pillows. Sofa/camp bed. Dressing table with lamp. Wardrobe space with drawers and shelves, kettle and coffee making facilities, mirror with built in lights for makeup and hair!! Large Flat screen tv on wall. Air con unit. Hairdryer.

BATHROOM: Bath & shower with power function, shower/hair gel, bath & hand towels, sink and soap dispenser. Loo!!!! Very clean and warm. Very bright and huge mirror the width of room.

We chose the meal deal and had dinner which included: starter, main, pudding and glass of wine and breakfast the next morning, good deal, decent choice of meals. Breakfast was cooked to order and was hot and fresh, also choice of cereals, toast, fruit, juices, teas, coffees and croissants!

Stayed the following Saturday too, due to another swimming competition, Paid £29 each night and was well worth every penny, always stay in Premier Inns where possible, but this has proven to be the nicest with the best reception by far. Well done Premier Inn and thank you Diogo, you made our stay very happy!!

Room Tip: Refurbished Room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank NessChesterUK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Macclesfield
Travelodge Macclesfield Central
#1 of 2 in Prestbury
Mottram Hall
Mottram Hall
#1 of 1 in Mottram St. Andrew

Been to Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel? Share your experiences!