“Excellent stay at this Hotel.”

Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Macclesfield
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Excellent stay at this Hotel.”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I stayed at this Inn while on my way to liverpool with my family for one night and was amazed at the service and professionalism of the staff.even though i have lived in the UK in the past, i am settled back at home(Barcelona, Espania) and visited Manchester on my holiday with my family.
The weather was bad but the staff made us feel very comfortable. Especially the Man who booked us in and was again there when we left in the morning was very efficient. The rooms are much better than some of the more expenaive hotels I have lived in Europe. The restaurant is very good too and was very useful when we wanted to eat something at the Hotel as it was raining heavily. Overall, a very good experience.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Josep G
omar k, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank You very much for your comments and we are glad that you had a good time staying with us. I will pass on the comments to the restaurant as well. Wish you a safe journey back home and will look forward to see you if you are in this part of the world..Adios.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Dont stay was a big big rip off! Food was like a 2 year put it on a plate. Got told off for having too many bath towles in my hotel room. £5.99 for a sandwich that was only £3.00 in tesco and with the tesco one you got a snack and drink too. Never again coming here or stayin at any Premier Inn's...

Staff on the desk was nice tho.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high standard of and service, value for money in a relaxed and comfortable environment, we sincerely apologise that you feel we failed to achieve this. Your feedback is very much appreciated and we look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn in the future. Thank you once again for taking the time to review your stay.
chipping campden
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This has to be one of the best Premier Inns we have stopped at - from cheery welcome, large quiet room, location away from road, smiling staff and first class restaurant reached by covered entrance from hotel we couldn't fault the place.

Best breakfast - outdid 5 star hotels for presentation and perfectly cooked bacon, eggs and mushrooms!!!

This chain certainly takes some beating - but always check individual Inns have been refurbished.

1 Thank cotswold017
omar k, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank You very much for your good comments. the staff are always very happy when the hotel gets a compliment and it means a lot to us. We look forward to seeing you again.
Regards.
Cheadle, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I recently stayed at Macclesfield Springwood Premier Inn as part of a group and was amazed by the environment and the service provided. The weather was hot and the staff made every effort to make sure that we have minimum disruption during out stay. I stayed in room 16 which is on the ground floor. The staff offered us some cold juice when we reached te reception. Then after a swift check-in we were greeted by a smiling housekeeper. We were been provided with Sheets which proved to be very useful in the warm night.
The restaurant on-site does everything to match the service at the Hotel, I would say both the restaurant and the Hotel complement each other.
When we came back late night, we were been greeted by a friendy night receptionist.I dont remember all the names but its worth pointing that all the staff are professionals.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank robert p
Thank You for your compliment. Its great to know that the hard work here gets appreciated.
Winsford, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here for one night to attend an ex-colleague's night out. Staff are very good. Booked online at Premier Inn site, got confirmation of disabled room booking. Checking in I was told room booked was standard room. If I wanted a disabled room I would need to go to another P inn. After I suggested that a ground floor room would be ok, the staff did check us in. So BEWARE.

1 Thank Hebbie12
omar k, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Sir,
Thank You for your review and we are really sorry that we did not meet your expectations. The room type you booked was been changed by mistake as two of the rooms were been taken off for maintainance due to the hotel extention work.

However, before you checked in, we did offer to book you in a nearby Premierinn and only when you and your Mrs insisted that you would prefer to be on the ground floor, with your mrs saying "as long as its on the ground floor, its fine", did we check you in with a discounted price.
While you were checkin out, the receptionist asked you if everything was fine to which you again replied "yes"(with a big smile). Had you brought this up even then, it could have had been dealt with better.

This in no ways mean that we are not sorry for any inconvinience you had. We did try to contact you several times and have left voicemails to apologise. We have also refunded the full amount you paid for the accomodation. I hope you will accept our sincere apologies. Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you want to discuss anything.

Regards
Tonbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

When we arrived the staff were very friendly helping you out with stuff. Then we got to the room and we were amazed at the standard for what we paid for. There was a Freeview TV, bath/shower, hot towel rails and a hair dryer. In the room there was enough room to store things. Although there was a window but the view wasn't very nice. At breakfast we went down to the attached restrurant TableTable. The breakfast was great! The cold food was laid out, hot stuff cooked to order and if you chose the Premier Breakfast it's all you can eat. There's also Fruit and Yoghurt area. You can also go to TableTable to have a nice lunch dinner or drink. Overall if you're looking for a good value hotel with great food next door then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Edward H
omar k, Manager at Premier Inn Macclesfield North Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thank You very much for your review. Its great to hear the positive side of the place is been noticed by some grateful people and that really gets the staff here going. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcome you again when you are in the area.
London
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Okay so upfront I am going to say that I am a big fan of Premier Inn. So much so that this year I took out one of their Premiere Inn business account cards. This review is the one that makes me into a top contributor on Trip Advisor , and I had so hoped that it would be a good review for a hotel chain that I like. Sadly I'm afraid that is not going to be the case.

We just spent 2 nights in the Premier Inn Macclesfield North while we attended a wedding. We arrived on Friday evening about 9 PM, and one has to point out the exceptional receptionist who dealt with the check in called Sarah and gave us a welcome worthy of a hotel that charges a fortune and is five-star. In fact throughout the visit, apart from one rather grumpy lady at breakfast on the Sunday morning, the staff were brilliant. Sarah even managed to sort out a taxi for us at very short notice on Saturday lunchtime when the online cab that we had booked failed to appear. (Booked through the website called Cheap taxis Macclesfield - perhaps the word cheap should have told us).

This weekend has obviously been one of the hottest of the year, so it was with dismay when we entered Room 30, we found it to be like an oven. The window had been propped open, but as in all Premier Inns there is a limit to how far the window can open to prevent recalcitrant smokers. There was a fan in the room, which circulated the 27°C air that the thermostat in the room showed us was the current temperature. Premier Inn rooms do not have air conditioning, all that thermostat does is to cut out the heater. Believe me we weren't going to use the heater.

The room had obviously been serviced rather hurriedly as there were only one set of towels. At this point I discovered another omission in a Premiere Inn room - a telephone with which to contact reception. I'm pretty sure I've stayed in rooms with this hotel chain that had telephones, yet having walked down to reception again to speak to the ever helpful Sarah, I was told that in the main they don't. On getting back to the room with more towels, I also found there was no iron, obviously a prerequisite when attending a wedding. I had a vision of Premier Inn rooms with irons in a rack in the wardrobe. Another walk back down to reception, and another conversation with Sarah produced an iron and ironing board. An hour later and getting ready for bed we discovered that the light over the mirror in the bathroom didn't work. At this point I felt a 3rd walk back downstairs to the ground floor was too much, and although they do provide the telephone number reception for you to dial, at your own expense from your own telephone, I thought I'd grin and bear it. Turning on the television we found the sound was on a limiter - a good idea in principle to prevent trouble with adjacent rooms, but when the television as been limited to a level so that you can't hear it when sat in the chairs in the rom, something is sadly wrong.

The room was incredibly oppressive to sleep in. In fact the next morning, the corridor was much more comfortable and cool than the room We pointed out to Sarah the broken light in the bathroom and we left for the wedding. We arrived back about 11 PM that evening, to find the room was even hotter, that once again only one set of towels had been left in the room, and that the bathroom light had not been fixed. Too tired to go and deal with this after a long day, we suffered another night in an airless and arid atmosphere.

The breakfast as normal at Premier inn was excellent. Lots of Costa coffee branding all over the place, which on the Saturday morning produced a nice latte, but which on the Sunday morning produced the response, "Oh we don't really do coffee, other than the coffee in the jug for breakfast ". So if you don't, why bother with all the Costa coffee branding - I'd hate to think the refusal on the Sunday morning was because you were rather busy.

On pointing this out to an equally helpful receptionist called Holli, we were given a reduction on our bill, but quite frankly I would preferred to have had a cooler room with better service and paid for it.

It's amazing isn't it that you can build up confidence in a brand by having several good stays, but it only takes one visit such as this to make you think twice. Certainly I don't think I'd want to stay in a Premiere Inn again on a hot summers night. The great thing about Premier Inn is that you know what you will get when you turn up at one, wherever it is. Consistency across the brand - sadly this was a case where that didn't happen, and it makes you begin to wonder whether there is a level of consistency across all their premises.

No doubt it's worth reading Trip advisor and treating each and every hotel in the chain as a separate entity.

Well done to the staff, and I'm really sorry that they and we were let down badly by aspects of the service.

Room Tip: probably any room in winter!