“Owners partner very very rude”
Review of Moorhayes House

Moorhayes House
Moorhayes House
Ranked #16 of 17 Macclesfield B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 23, 2011

This is a nice b&b but we were staying for a week at a time.on the checkout times it says 10.30 but at 10.10 I had a very loud banging at the door it was the owners partner who come across very rude and told us to leave so we will not be staying here again so if you are thinking to just bear in mind what he is like

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank Centromatt
HelenMacclesfield, Owner at Moorhayes House, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2012

Wow! Just found this (Jan 2012). Very sorry to have caused such deep offence over what was a minor misunderstanding. However, I don’t do loud and especially I don’t do rude, but I do – direct. I would be glad to share a nice cup of tea and a calm chat if you pass this way again. Roy

Reviewed July 23, 2009

Our group stayed at the Moorhayes whilst visiting a friend in the area. The accommodation does 'exactly what it says on the tin' and provides excellent bed and breakfast facilities. The owner, Helen, was very welcoming and ensured we were happily settled. The room was clean and had everything we needed as our base for the weekend. The breakfasts were brilliant - I mean brilliant! A real treat. We are visiting Macclesfield again in the near future and did not hesitate to book the Moorhayes again for our stay. It is within easy walking distance of the town centre (including the splendid Lajawaab Restaurant and the Sun Wi Village take-away!), and has ample parking.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
2  Thank MetallicAl
Helen H, Owner at Moorhayes House, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2015

Thank you so much for a lovely review. H

Reviewed July 20, 2009

Helen was an excellent host and made myself and my companions most welcome right from the moment we arrived. The room was clean and had everything we needed for our two night stay. The cooked breakfasts were absolutely fabulous and set us up well for the day ahead. In fact we're going back to Macclesfield in August 2009 and will again be staying at the Moorhayes. I wholeheartedly recomment the Moorhayes to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in central Macclesfield.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank Snerk68

Thank you for your review. Glad you enjoyed your visit to Macclesfield. H

Reviewed July 23, 2008

Moorhayes was a good location for my entire family of 16 to stay while in the area for a family party. It was one of only a few places with enough rooms to accomodate all of us. It was fine for the 2 nights we were there, but would not recommend it as a base camp for a longer stay. The house is clean, the food was good and Helen was very helpful and kind, but the rooms are small and there is no common sitting area to gather. the decor is rather institutional. Our pet was welcome.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
HelenMacclesfield, Owner at Moorhayes House, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2008

Please note, anyone reading this review, that we do NOT accept pets. My husband is allergic to both dogs and cats. On this occasion, the guests turned up at the door with their dog, not having asked in advance. As my husband was away, I allowed the dog in rather than make it sleep in the car, but this will not be repeated.
As the guest mentioned in the review, we do not have a "guest lounge", although we have a porch with five comfortable chairs for the use of guests. On this occasion, the porch was obviously not large enough for sixteen people.

Reviewed October 18, 2007

What a horrid place. I first was put in a room so small and dreary I just could not stay in. I told the lady to move me or i was taking my group and we were moved.
She had put us downstairs in the worst rooms she had. We were the only guests.
Up stairs where she moved me to was much fresher and nicer.
However the bath was so small you could not close the door and take a shower as when you got in or out you had to step in from the bedroom. it was not 2ft by 5ft and included shower and toilet.
The sink was in the bedroom.

I would never recommend this place.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank certifiedtraveler

I accept constructive criticism, but I remember this woman well. She was the most difficult guest we have ever had, finding fault from the moment she entered our home. She was placed in the single room because she had insisted in advance that she wanted the cheapest room (we only have one single). When she complained, she was upgraded at no extra cost although this meant that the double room was then no longer available for latecomers. She seemed to expect to be placed in our best room on the cheapest rate!

A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed September 26, 2004

Stayed four nights in a wonderful B&B. The owners could not have been more helpful with our visit from the States. The room was clean and good sized with clean bath ensuite. The owner supplied maps and directions and even drove us arround some to show us how to get arround town. The breakfast was excellent and the service was great. I can't thank them enough for how we were treated, it helped to make our stay in Macclesfield one of the best parts of our trip.

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your review. We do try to "go the extra mile" for our guests, helping them in any way we can.