“Great lunch spot”
Review of The Salt Bar

The Salt Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Salt Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 216 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Salt Bar is less than a five minute walk from Macclesfield Train station, on the historic cobbles of the Castle Quarter. We serve Scandinavian style food and drink, local real ales, good wine, tea and coffee in an intimate and cosy atmosphere. Open for lunch Tuesday-Friday 11:30-14:00, Saturday 11:30-17:00, Treacle Sunday 10:00-15:00 Open for dinner Tuesday-Friday 17:30-21:00 & Saturday 17:00-21:30.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Tried here for the first time the other week. My friend was not a virgin to Scandinavian food and was very impressed with the food. Service was friendly. We both had the mushroom on toast. Very tasty. Would definitely go here again and try other dishes.

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Scandinavian restaurant in Macclesfield? What a great idea! Impeccable service (Was it really one of the waitresses first day? Both ladies were fantastic, warm, friendly and attentive, and extremely helpful...). Food was excellent. Really didn't need the cheeseboard after the soup and stew, but glad I did. Great all round experience and very highly recommended.

1  Thank drscoop42
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Such a treat! I have enjoyed numerous visits here, whether it was having a drink with friends or sitting down for a meal. The atmosphere is lovely and the host and hostess are truly inspirational and down to earth. Favourite dish was meatballs and sauce! Delish!

Keep doing an amazing job!!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

1st time here , booked following the excellent reviews , we were not disappointed . Excellent prompt service by friendly staff , short menu but everything was appealing . Started with salmon which was enough to share , this was accompanied with pickled vegetables of which the flavour was perfect . Had venison and meatballs both of which were well presented and tasted gorgeous . Good wine list and selection of beers and Swedish ciders . Illy coffee too . Had apple pie as dessert , again was lovely . Can't recommend highly enough , a great asset to macclesfield

2  Thank Janep18
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Went in on Valentines day. We hadn't booked a table as we weren't planning on going out but had a last minute change of plans. We managed to grab a last minute table at the bar and I'm so glad we did.
We were served by Elvis, who was an attentive host.
The place is very clean, and the toilets are great.
I had the veggie meatballs. As a meat eater, I was worried that I would be left disappointed but this is not the case. They are spectacular. My dining partner, who had the meatballs, was even trying to swap with me! They are amazing.
The drinks were great, I love that they sell Prosecco by the glass.
Would definitely visit again.

1  Thank Gus C