“a lovely quirky place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

The Monocle Deli
Ranked #48 of 204 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Delicatessen
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“a lovely quirky place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

A unique, quirky place in Macclesfield that supports local business and interests and suitable to visit with friends, family or just on your own
The drinks and food menu has a great variety and there is always a tasty sweet treat to choose from to!

Visited June 2013

Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

The cold vegetarian platter was a bit disappointing. 3 meals all served at different times and drinks were forgotten. Can't really blame "the rush" as we were the only diners in there. Staff were very friendly but need to be more organised. Thought it was expensive for what we got.

Visited July 2013
2 Thank The_Mellors
Annie E, Owner at The Monocle Deli, responded to this review, July 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our little Shop. I'm obviously sad to hear that you were dissapointed with your experience and also disappointed that we obviously dropped the ball with regards to your order. I've sent you a little private message to get a few more details so that I can act accordingly.

We appreciate that not everyone is going to love what we do, as I guess you can't please everyone all of the time, but I'm glad to hear you are a supporter of local businesses as its very, very hard work building a small business and making it work in this climate.

Thank you again for your visit and we hope to see you again soon so that we can try to rectify the situation.
Cheshire
“Mixed visits but we do return”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

When the owner is in the service and quality are much better. Limited menu but everything we've had has been ok. Great place for a coffee and a snack but I'm afraid I wouldn't describe it as a "deli" - through no fault of their own they just don't get the customers to support it as a deli but it is a nice little cafe. Would certainly recommend as an independent cafe for a coffee and cake as we do like to try and support indies.

2 Thank cheshireangel
Annie E, Owner at The Monocle Deli, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Hello,
Thank you for your review, it's really helpful and constructive. I completely see your points and it certainly guides me in the right direction in terms of improvement!
I think you are right with regards to your comment about it not really being a deli in the sense that we were, but a slight change of direction was needed. Sadly we can't compete with the multiples in terms of price on certain items.
With regards to your comment about me being in the deli, I shall be back full time in the blink of an eye! In the meantime, I'll pass your comments on to the team and we'll hopefully achieve that consistently high standard that I strive for!
Thanks for your review,
Annie Edwards
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Top place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Really nice place, bright and colourful and cheery, great decor and they usually have different art on the walls each month. Staff are very friendly and chatty, food is really tasty - a lot of it made on site. Pulled pork, Monocle platter and the MBT extra good - their fresh pesto is great. I believe they can cater for vegetarians, vegans and celiacs too. Plenty of seating, and very accommodating for little ones; several high chairs, basket of toys, and changing facilities. The cakes are to die for - especially the Oreo cookie one! I believe these are all made fresh by the owner. Highly recommended!

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank ColonelMustard750
Annie E, Owner at The Monocle Deli, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you so much for such a lovely review.
Annie Edwards
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I love this deli. It has a welcoming atmosphere and the owner, Annie, is passionate about food and is always thinking up new ideas and combinations. I love all the platters, but I particularly love the aubergine hummus. I regularly eat here and this week I tried the special of pulled lamb with caramelised onions and chipotle garlic mayo, which was delicious.

1 Thank Micky247