“Best coffee shop in Macclesfield”

Cherry Blossom Bakery
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We found this place very soon after it opened. The staff are always friendly and helpful, coffee is great, and they do wonderful cakes. And it's better value than the big coffee chains. Can be a bit full at time, so be patient and wait for a table to come free.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Cherry Blossom is a lovely place to go for afternoon tea or coffee and cake. Its fresh and clean and contemporary and the cakes are just delicious and really creative. their wedding cakes and celebratory cakes look amazing! There are so many to choose from and the toppings change regularly. I often buy one or two as little gifts when visiting friends for coffee or the weekend.
Its great to see this little cafe thriving.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I visited here for the first time on Sunday and it certainly won't be the last visit. Very welcoming atmosphere and staff. The cakes were superb and the drinks were delicious. The chocolate flake tea is a must try as is the rocky road cupcake. Tea came in China cup and saucer which was nice. Everything was presented well and the place had lovely décor. Very reasonably priced as well. For a pot of the chocolate flake tea, a latte, scones with jam and clotted cream and cupcake was £5.75 but I gave £7.40 as I've paid that at a chain coffee shop before and they aren't even close to being as good as this fantastic local bakery.

I'll be back to try the other flavoured teas and cakes soon! :)

2  Thank Matt W
Reviewed July 27, 2013

As the title says, it's a great little cafe. However, every time I go i'm disappointed by not only the size of the cupcakes (they are barely bigger than fairy cakes), but they are often really dry. Also, after going on and off since it opened I have also realised that there cake menu doesn't change, which is shame. Other than that, it's lovely. Great decor and great coffee!

2  Thank thomasrolewis
AntoniaManchester, Owner at Cherry Blossom Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2013

Hi, thanks for taking the time to review our little tea room. Firstly, I'm pleased to hear you enjoy our coffee and like our decor. Obviously, I am quite surprised to hear that you think our cakes are dry. We bake FRESH every single day in small batches using exactly the same recipe - I do wish you would have mentioned this to me during your visit - I would have been able to sample the cake myself and obviously replace it or not charge you. We work extremely hard to create beautiful cakes and run our little tea shop and its very upsetting to hear (especially via trip adviser) that someone had a less than lovely experience. We are always striving to improve and are happy to take comments on board - but sadly Trip Adviser reviews can be very damaging to small businesses and often people come straight here (TA) without speaking to the owners or staff to raise the issues.

In terms of the size, fairy cakes are 4.4cm (base measurement) and cupcakes tend to be around 5.5cm - so yes they are pretty close in size to a fairy cake and obviously much smaller than a muffin, but for a very reasonable price of £1.25 I think they a lovely sweet and inexpensive treat. If you fancy something more substantial - we do have the big slices of cake for you to try next time (or you can always have two cupcakes - I wouldn't tell anyone :0)

In terms if our cake menu - I know there would be uproar with our regulars if we changed the menu all the time - so after two years or trading we have realised which flavours are people's favourites and have made them permanent fixtures on our menu - we do however have two extra 'guest cupcakes' and a guest 'big cake' that change each week to keep people's taste buds interested- we also have a very interactive Facebook page and often ask our customers for their favourite cupcake flavours when choosing the guest cakes to add to the menu - please feel free to pop and there and suggest your favourite - it may well make an appearance!

I do hope to see you in the bakery again soon, please make yourself known to me or my mum and your next coffee is on us.

Thanks again, Antonia (Owner)

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I bring my children here as a treat and they love the choice of cupcakes (though my son always goes for the Victoria Sponge- his favourite). The staff are friendly, the tea comes in proper old pots and the cakes taste great. We also love looking at the displays of wedding cakes made by the owner and the interesting art on the walls. I just wish it was bigger so we were always guaranteed a table as it is deservedly very popular.

AntoniaManchester, Owner at Cherry Blossom Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your very kind review! It still amazes me how busy we get :o) If you ever want us to reserve you a table (even if its just for tea and cake) just give the bakery a call and let us know what time to expect you and we will guard you a table :o)

See you soon and thanks again, Antonia x