“Unmissable gem in the heart of town”

Cherry Blossom Bakery
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

For a special treat, I took my daughter to the wonderful Cherry Blossom Bakery in Church Street, Macclesfield, for afternoon tea. And when I say a special treat, I mean SPECIAL!

The bakery tea room is chic, but cosy, with a minimalist decor which allows the cakes and the eclectic mix of beautiful vintage china to be the stars of the show. I had booked ahead, so when we arrived our table was reserved and beautifully set with those extra little touches that make it such a unique place.

We settled in with a pot of piping hot tea served in a beautiful vintage teapot and delicate china cups and saucers. Every little detail was covered to perfection right down to the bowl of sugar lumps with silver tongs. Then our food was presented on a gorgeous 3-tier cake stand. We had dainty finger sandwiches with egg, cheese and ham, followed by yummy scones with jam and clotted cream, slices of buttery Victoria sandwich and lemon drizzle cake, and assorted prettily decorated cupcakes, all washed down with pots of piping hot fresh tea. It was divine! Warning: the pictures are drool-worthy!

I love the fact that Cherry Blossom Bakery is bringing back afternoon tea as an event, like a perfect snapshot of byegone days with a modern twist. The service is exemplary - friendly and attentive without being intrusive, and you never feel hurried. This is meant to be an indulgent, relaxed treat, a chance to spoil yourself with a leisurely chat while grazing on delicious titbits and watching the world go by. It's a million miles away from the noise, crowds and plastic wrapped food of the big chain coffee shops. And at £10 per head it's much better value too.

I'm afraid we didn't finish everything, but they are happy to box what you don't finish to take home. They even tie the box with a ribbon!

The afternoon tea package is fabulous value, as are the individual cakes, teas and coffees, if you just fancy popping in for a cuppa. A pot of tea for one gives you about three cups and costs just £1.25, with cupcakes from £1.25 each, it's a real treat that won't break the bank.

A lovely addition recently is the fact that the tearoom walls are a showcase for the work of local artists. The bakery also provides bespoke wedding cakes and a range of cupcake decorating classes in the evenings.

If you're in town, make the effort to seek out Cherry Blossom Bakery...it's a hidden gem, half way down the cobbled Church Street. One warning, it can be very busy, so if you want a specific time or there are several of you, it's worth calling ahead to book. I can't recommend this place highly enough. It has a friendliness and charm that you rarely come across these days.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've treated myself to several trips to this little gem of a bakery and ev ery time it's been a complete delight. The cakes are delicious and not too huge, the coffee is amazing and the hot chocolate is just delightful. The prices are ridiculously reasonable too; completely knocks the coffee chain-type places in to a cocked hat! They run cake decorating classes too, and you get to take home the 6 cupcakes that you have decorated. It is a wonderful way to spend a couple of hours; very relaxing and therapeutic!! The decor is also lovely; gorgeous duck egg blue walls, white furniture and soft grey cushions...just gorgeous. I keep meaning to try the afternoon tea as it looks incrfedible. So do yourself a favour and treat yourself!!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I came across this place with friends when the Christmas Treacle Market was on. Costa was full so we decided to go as see what Cherry Blossoms was like. It is a lovely place that is well decorated. As there was 7 of us, we got up stairs which has two tables making it feel like our own private room.

The drinks are real value for money and the cakes are amazing. The staff are always friendly and helpful.

I always go to Cherry Blossoms when I'm meeting friends or my boyfriend for coffee's. I'm even looking forward for them to do my wedding cake.

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Whenever me and the girls are all back from Uni, this is the place we meet up. Lovely atmosphere, excellent service, delicious cakes, brilliant value for money and that's coming from a skint student!
I only wish other bakery's and cake shop's took a leaf out of cherry blossoms books! I can't wait for my next fix of lemon drizzle cake!

Reviewed August 26, 2012

I cannot sing the praises of the Cherry Blossom Bakery enough. Where do I begin?! The bakery itself is beautifully decorated, cosy and clean. The table by the window is the perfect spot for people watching with the cobbled Church Street providing a lovely backdrop. The staff are welcoming and ever so obliging, simple things such as putting a candle in a cupcake for a birthday surprise make all the difference.
Cupcakes remain at such a reasonable price, £1.25 for their staple cupcakes and £1.50 for their guest cupcakes. The coco-motion cupcake is just divine. They serve a wide range of hot and cold drinks, again at very reasonable prices.
Last but not least it does cupcake classes!! I attended a 2 hour cupcake decorating class with some friends which was amazing! We learnt how to make lovely decorations from fondant and I mastered the perfect buttercream swirl. I am inspired to bake now, I've got the cupcake bug because of this place!