“More than lived up to expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oliver at Bollington green - CLOSED

Oliver at Bollington green
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving great quality, homemade food, on small plates with great drinks to go with it! Small plates Bar nibbles Wine Beer Cocktails
Manchester, United Kingdom
“More than lived up to expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

Heard so much about this restaurant from family and friends who had said it was very good and it did not disappoint. There was a really welcoming feel about the restaurant from the moment we stepped through the door. Our waitress Jay was very attention. Our starters were very tasty, main course exceptional and the dessert was divine. Highly recommend the Espresso with Amaretto. Will definitely go again.

1 Thank VickyG1

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“"Fantastic"”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband took me to Oliver for Valentines night, as its such a special restaurant. When we arrived we were greeted with a friendly smile and hello. When we took our seats there were lots of little love hearts on the table (A great touch). The service and the staff are wonderful.
My husband had the Goats cheese for starters and I had the soup. The caramalised homemade bread was a delight. For mains I had the "Pig" which was truelly superb, the Jus is to die for. and Keith had the Venison which he absolutely adores. And you just have to try the hand cut Truffle Chips, Amazing. Keith had the cheese board for dessert which there was 5 different choices of cheese and plenty of bicuits, sadly for me I was so full, the staff served my Sticky Toffee Pudding very well presented to take home. And I just have to say, I have never ever had such a beautiful tasty breakfast the day after in all my life. I just couldnt resist. Thank you so much to Scott, Jaydean, and all the staff for a wonderful evening, and a very unhealthy breakfast.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Oh my gosh the Sticky Toffee Pudding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

My boyfriend took me to Oliver last night for a surprise Valentines meal and what a wonderful place it is. The restaurant itself is lovely, small enough to be intimate without being cramped with tasteful decor. As it was Valentines Day, there were lovely little touches like hearts on the table and mouth watering home made chocolates in a little heart box that came with the bill. The service was impeccable, the professional but extremely friendly ladies there looked after us brilliantly. Now on to the food.... Firstly we were brought out a bowl of salted pop corn and some olives both of which were yummy. Then onto the main dishes, I knew the food was going to be special as soon as I tasted the home baked caramelised onion bread roll! My starter and mains were both gorgeous and so tasty. I had Baked Rosary Goats Cheese & Basil Roulade to start and Herb Crusted Fillet of Hake for main (beautifully cooked melt in the mouth fish) and my boyfriend had 'Pig' which he said was amazing. Now onto the finale....we both had Sticky Toffee Pudding with Butterscotch & Amaretto Ice Cream....oh my, we both agreed it was the best dessert we had ever tasted and probably wont be able to eat Sticky Toffee pudding anywhere else from now on as it will never be as nice!

All in all, it was a fantastic meal and I can't wait to go again.

Visited February 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The best food in Cheshire.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

We’ve now started making up reasons to go back. A birthday. Anniversary. It’s Saturday! Having ben fortunate enough to have eaten at some of the top restaurants in the UK, I can honestly say the food cooked by Scott and served by Jaydean and her team is comparable if not better.

No longer will I have to drive out to Northcote Manor for great food. It’s here on the doorstep. We now evangelise to all our friends and clients.

And yes, the sticky toffee pudding is the best. Ever.

Their food really does speak for itself. Go. Now!

Cheshire UK
“Best meal out for years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

Family do for six people. Wonderful !!
Imaginative menu throughout. We all enjoyed our choices. Each dish was superbly cooked and presented. The staff were friendly and attentive. There was a large party in as well but the staff did not fall into the trap of servicing the large table at the expense of the smaller.
Final comment - the sticky toffee pudding was the best I have had, ever.
Not expensive when compared with other quality restaurants in the area.
Will certainly be going again.