“house.keeping” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blacksmith's Arms

Blacksmith's Arms
Ranked #56 of 204 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Oldham, United Kingdom
“house.keeping”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

my.wife.and,i.are.very.disapointed..pub.in.such.a.nice.location.but.food.very.poor.also.house.keeping.low.standard

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Blacksmith's Arms, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear eileen528791

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Blacksmiths Arms who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board and passed it to the relevant teams.

We do hope to see you soon in the Blacksmiths Arms soon.

Kind regards,

Chef & Brewer

Derby
“Friendly Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stopped for lunch as passing through the area. Had Scampi and chips although there was an extensive menu. Good mix of diners, and service was very efficient and friendly.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“An Outstanding pub, such a warm welcome by the landlord & Land lady & team. Excellent for children & couples ( even dogs”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

We have passed this pub on a numerious of occasions. Having booked a babysitter to look after our 5 children, my husband & I decided to call in for a quick drink. Six hours later we left the BEST pub we had ever set foot in!!! The land lady & Land Lord & team ( a BIG mention to Jo here ) made our experience such a momentous evening. From walking into the pub we were greeted with such a gueniue warm friendly welcome. We sat by a cosy log burning fire surrounded by candles on all tables & gentle music playing in the background. The bar staff made us feel very welcome, & took an interest in us & made us feel like we were one of their very valued customers. On the second occasion we visited all the staff remembered our names & the drinks we drank previously. This in turn made us feel that they really cared about there customers. We have visited now on several occasions, enjoying many good quality fine meals & enjoying the relaxed atmosphere, making it a place for us to come & enjoy. We have booked Christmas Eve with our 5 children & were shown different seating arrangements to accommodate us. This is something I find VERY hard to find in restaurants nowadays. We would deeply recommend this pub for families & couples alike to get a real taste of a local community pub, that makes you feel like a friend NOT just a customer

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Hello trip advisor readers not done this sort of thing before but I felt like I had to put this on. I went to The Blacksmiths Arms for the third time tonight, as I am new to the area and it had been recommended to me by the estate agent we bought the house off. I have never been made to feel so welcome any where I have visited before and straight away I felt like one of the locals. The reason I am writing this tonight is because during our visit we heard this very rude obnoxious lady being very abusive to the floor manager about her fish pie. I have never met such a horrible person in my life. I am amazed how that member of staff kept her calm and carried on being polite to this woman. Just to let you know I had the fish pie tonight and my husband had the beef pie and it was gorgeous as usual and the service was fantastic. Those pies fill you up !!!! I always say I am going to try a dessert but I have yet to have one because I am always stuffed after my meal. Well done staff and chefs at the Blacksmiths for another perfect evening and meal and don't worry about people like that rude woman because your food is spot on, tasty, value for money and the best bit is you all that work there. Keep up the good work!!!!!

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second chance - wont be going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very very disappointed once again with the service, price and food. My 11 year old granddaughter had a childs' meal and a 6 month old would have eaten more than the single sausage, the teaspoon full of beans and the potato that she was given. The "table service" was questionable as when we ordered drinks from the table I had to go and collect them as they were just left sitting on the bar.
The waitress looked as if she would rather have been anywhere other than at work as she spent most of her time yawning and not even covering her mouth!!!
Even my granddaughter commented that nobody came and asked if everything was ok with our meals!! No comment was made when I paid for the meals as the barman was obviously aware I was not satisfied. This is the second time I have visited the pub since it has been renovated and I will not be going back. I hope The Romper does not follow suit!!!!!

Visited October 2013