“Second chance - wont be going back” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blacksmith's Arms

Blacksmith's Arms
Ranked #56 of 204 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Second chance - wont be going back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

Very very disappointed once again with the service, price and food. My 11 year old granddaughter had a childs' meal and a 6 month old would have eaten more than the single sausage, the teaspoon full of beans and the potato that she was given. The "table service" was questionable as when we ordered drinks from the table I had to go and collect them as they were just left sitting on the bar.
The waitress looked as if she would rather have been anywhere other than at work as she spent most of her time yawning and not even covering her mouth!!!
Even my granddaughter commented that nobody came and asked if everything was ok with our meals!! No comment was made when I paid for the meals as the barman was obviously aware I was not satisfied. This is the second time I have visited the pub since it has been renovated and I will not be going back. I hope The Romper does not follow suit!!!!!

Visited October 2013

Cheshire
“Lovely refurb and great meal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

This was our first visit to The Blackmiths's Arms since the refurb and we really liked the result. The staff were very friendly and helpful (for example quickly offering bread to a hungry toddler at a nearby table). Prices were ok and the portions were generous. Our choices were the beef and red wine pie and the gourmet burger both of which were very tasty. I liked the change to old style crockery (including ice cream served in a cup and saucer) and nice coffee too.
Like most other places they had advertising for meals at Christmas and we plan to return with the family nearer the time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“What has happened?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013

What a lovely pub, and some of the staff seem to be working hard, but wow - the prices...£4+ a pint for bitter???? Menu seems very basic and very,very expensive.Lowest price dish £10 for fish and chips??? I used to love coming here - we have had Birthdays and Christenings and even a funeral! Oh dear! No one in pub and manager apologising for the prices... I really don't know what's happened. Can't recommend this pub at all - used to be a very pleasant place with lovely beer garden. Perhaps call back next summer.
"sorry it didn't meet your expectations" is so corporate it's boring :o)

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Blacksmith's Arms, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear E J

Thank you for providing us with your review

I can confirm that I have passed on your comments about your visit to the management team and to the Area Manager of the Blacksmiths Arms who would like to thank you for your feedback and to let you know that they have taken your feedback on board and passed it to the relevant teams.

We do hope to see you soon in Blacksmiths Arms soon.

Kind regards,

Chef & Brewer
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Have just been to this pub and I can't believe the comment below!!! It's as if they must be talking about a different place!!! On arrival I was greeted by happy smily faces nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff at all!! I had a lovely time while I was there and the new refurb looks amazing and so much more professional. I work in a 4* hotel myself and the tables look like the ones in my restaurant!! They have really made this pub a lovely place to eat and drink!! I would like to say a big thank you to Jo, she made us feel really welcome when we were there and she waited on our every need she's a credit to the team!! I would 100% visit again. I just hope the comment below doesn't put people off because I honestly didn't see any of the things mentioned and we spent about 3 hours there!!!

Bristol, UK
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

The Blacksmith's Arms is a big pub just outside Macclesfield and is part of the Chef and Brewer organisation. We arrived at about 1pm and were given a friendly welcome and served extremely good local ales.

We sat near a window and were given the A4-size menus. Prices were ok (steaks £10-£16) and there was enough on there to choose from. If you are there before 5pm Mon to Sat you can choose from the Pub Favourites section which has about 6 dishes to choose from at £6 each. We picked Fish and Chips and 6oz Rump Steak Burger from this section and both proved to be delicious and exceptional value for money.

We will definitely visit again when next in the area

• 5 of 5 bubbles