“Speacial place” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Blacksmith's Arms

Blacksmith's Arms
Ranked #56 of 204 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
england
“Speacial place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

I call this my special little place because its where ive had numerous lovely meal with my mother who i lost just over a year ago. This was our place and our treat as mother and daughter time on a sunday afternoon. We had a special table and the staff were always extremely helpful and accomodating to us both. We have been there for many special occasions too my daughters 18th birthday party and they kindly brought us a cake out which id provided earlier full of candles. The menu is excellent and they provide a viariety of different cuisines from around the globe as well as traditonal english food. My mother and i celebrated our last christmas there and the dinner was devine. It seemed also very fitting that i should hold the celebration of my gorgeous mothers life there also and the staff were amazing in helping to fit us in and arrange this for us. Mum would have been proud. So please do visit this very lovely exceptional place. There is also a lovely beer garden at the back which is a must on a summers day.

• Visited October 2012

Knutsford, United Kingdom
“Worth a trip for a Sunday lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

Great value for money. Nice staff doing a hard job. It can get busy but the staff seem to cope very well.

Sunday lunch is a bargain.

Spain
“Smarter than your average pub”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

I visited The Blacksmiths early one evening. It was not particularly busy. I was most impressed by the staff. I was welcomed as soon as I stepped through the door! It was lovely and warm (it was freezing outside) and had a great feeling to the place. I had a simple meal of fish and chips and a pint of beer which was all faultless. Considering how much it costs to buy fish and chips standing in a line down at the Chippy this was excellent value at under a tenner. I certainly recommend The Blacksmiths.

• Visited February 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had the specials menu and we ordered the bubble and squeak for the starter, also the crispy prawns. Mains included brewer chicken, chicken salad and beef burger. Starters were ok but the main meals were over cooked. I couldn't get my knife through my chicken and the burger was hard and dry. It's a shame because the staff are brilliant and there's a nice atmosphere in the restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at Blacksmith's Arms, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Christe,

Thank for taking the time to provide us with your review.

I would like to apologise about the level of food you received at the Blacksmiths Arms. I have passed on your comments to our management team and have sent you a direct message to discuss this further.

Kind regards

Chef & Brewer
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Hopefully just an off day”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've had sunday lunch here once before and was pleasantly surprised not only by the food but by the warm reception from the attentitive staff who were, unlike many pub/restaurants today, not in short supply. Unfortunately the repeated performance I had hoped for turned out to be something of a flop. I ordered the rib of beef - a dish I have order many times before in other eating establishments - and was very disappointed to discover that the portion consisted of 65% fat and bone. When we were asked if all was to our satisfaction I mentioned my dissatisfaction to the waiter and was offered a replacement but declined as my wife had nearly finished her meal. The beef, what there was of it, was very tasty as was the rest of the meal. My gripe I suppose is that a meal like that should never have left the kitchen. I would still recommend the restaurant but with the caveat that you stay away from the rib of beef until they learn to serve it correctly. I feel somewhat petty writing this review but if nothing is ever said then the same old same old continues.
I will give it a while before I entertain dining there again as sunday lunch is becoming something of a rare treat these days and I want it to be enjoyable.

• Visited February 2013