“A cosy Italian Restaurnat.”
Review of Abruzzo

Abruzzo
Ranked #49 of 207 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Abruzzo is one of Macclesfield's family-run restaurants, recently undergone a facelift, we provide a relaxed environment, whether a visit is just for drinks or a meal. We specialise in Italian dining, however we have a broad menu serving steaks, fish and meats aswell as our very own Pasta's & Pizza's. All of our food is freshly made in our open kitchen and we are proud of our new-look restaurant.
wilmslow
“A cosy Italian Restaurnat.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Visited Abruzzo for the second time with my husband, No complaints, we were made to feel welcome, Our food was presented beautifully, I had Chicken Campagnola with the Abruzzo salad, which I will be ordering again on my next visit as it was so tasty and yummy. The white chocolate profiterols are to die for. All in all another enjoyable and pleasant evening in Abruzzo Restaurant.

• Visited July 2012

Cheshire
“Fantastic .... can't wait to go again!”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

From the minute you arrive at Abruzzo to the second you leave the service is great and the food is brilliant ... not like the pre- cooked meals that are served in many Italian chain restaurants.

I'm not a expert in food, however what i will say is the food in Abruzzo is fresh, the portions are well sized and it's very tasty.

We will be visiting again, and again. We would recommend this place to anyone, as for those with the complaints ... some people really do want the world on plate for next to nothing!

Thanks Abruzzo, keep up the good work, and i'll see you next week!

• Visited May 2013
Wiltshire
“Hello, can you hear me ...”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Thankfully, Abruzzo was open for our Monday evening visit to Macclesfield - one brownie point.

I would have preferred to give a rating of 'average +' but there ain't one.

What would you like? Pardon? What would you like? Excuse me (for the Americans)? Could you please turn down the music!! Musical tastes differ enormously; I fail to understand why restaurants pump out music which surely only a small percentage of their customers might (might!) like. I have been driven out of many a restaurant (or supermarket) by the bloody awful music (excuse my Italian). The music was only quieted at our second request.

I was just a little disturbed by what appeared to be canned asparagus in my Insalata Abruzzo; her majesty's pate was, apparently, very good. Our two pasta dishes (Bolognese and gamberoni) were fine as was my creme caramel. So no real complaints about the food.

Our waitress was, I would imagine, rather new to the job being just a little quiet and reserved; the maitre d' livened up proceedings though.

So, all in all, no real trouble in t' Mill Street.

Macclesfield, United Kingdom
“So tasteless it's free!”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We visited this restaurant expecting delicious Italian cuisine... Here is what was on the menu

To start - partially cooked calamari from a bag
Spinach and ricotta parcels, well, crushed in white bread.

Mains - steak with red wine sauce, specially cooked to remove the flavour.
Veal escalope, cut so thinly, (instead of tenderised,) that you only have to eat fried breadcrumbs.

Upon eating some of each course... My partner complained. The owner pretty much broke down, admitting the food isn't great and when we suggested we would happily pay for the wine and olives, he refused to take any money, as long as we came back... We won't be going back.

Ps this place is a little better if you enjoy listening to Italian classics like scat-man and 90's dance, Yum!

1 Thank Grant T
Liverpool, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor deal”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had visited here previously and enjoyed the meal and service. This fell well short of acceptable.
They offer a meal deal of £30 per couple for starter and main with a bottle of wine. We both decided to have the steak for which there was a £2.50 supplement. The steak while cooked as requested was not the best with quite a bit more fat and gristle than you would reasonably expect. There were no vegetables just chips, except they were plastic french fries which we hardly touched.
We didn't complain but we won't be going back.