“Nice little Italian”

Abruzzo
Ranked #50 of 207 Restaurants in Macclesfield
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Abruzzo is one of Macclesfield's family-run restaurants, recently undergone a facelift, we provide a relaxed environment, whether a visit is just for drinks or a meal. We specialise in Italian dining, however we have a broad menu serving steaks, fish and meats aswell as our very own Pasta's & Pizza's. All of our food is freshly made in our open kitchen and we are proud of our new-look restaurant.
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Have been to abruzzo a few times now food always very nice and service always friendly and not over the top and it always seems very busy so it must be do somthing right would deff recomend to anybody in and around macclesfield we will be back...

1  Thank steve f
There are newer reviews for Abruzzo

Reviewed November 29, 2012

10 of us visited this place on a busy Friday night for a business/teambuild meeting. We all had various meals from the menu and thoroughly enjoyed our individual choices. The portions are plentiful and food served nice and hot unlike some restaurants we have been to. The manager reccomended a few wines to go with our meal and these were a superb choice. The good thing about this restaurant is the ability to move around without feeling cramped, which was an added bonus for us. People in macclesfield have been talking about this place for a while now and we only wish we had visited sooner rather than later !! Service impeccable and atmosphere just brilliant. A couple of our team also visited the loo's and commented on how clean they were, which for me says a lot about the place. Cannot wait to go back again and wish we had a teambuild every week!!!!!

1  Thank pavori01
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This place definitely deserves another mention. The reason why i like this place is because its serving good fresh italian food , with great service at very reasonable prices. its good to sometimes be able to go out with friends somewhere where it is reasonably priced yet with a great atmosphere in tow. It certainly seems to be getting more popular every time i go ! I like eating out a lot, so places like this are ideal ! Macclesfield is crying out for more places like this so this is a breath if fresh air!
The food here is varied to suit all tastes. The garlic bread with tomato is awesome ! Worth also a mention, that there aren't many places you can get prawn linguine for under £10. My favourite dish here !! They are also very accommodating I you want to tweak anything which I often do !
Great for groups of friends, couples or families. ! They do a great early bird with wine and week day specials ! I have also seen people collecting take away pizzas so they must also be good.
If you want good food then try this little gem.

1  Thank Milsymoo
Reviewed November 11, 2012

At the outset of this review I should point out that my food preferences are more towards Indian / Thai /Chinese / English fine dining as opposed to Italian. However, my daughter is vegetarian and much prefers this type of food hence we decided to give Abruzzo a go following the many positive reviews on Trip Advisor.

For a cold Tuesday evening in November the restaurant was busy, with a good combination of couples and a younger group of people celebrating a birthday party. The owner / head waiter was very polite and looked after us throughout in the pleasant (if a little bright) surroundings and service was prompt but never pushy.

I had a very plentiful brucshetta which was packed with tomatoes whilst my daughter had dough balls. We each had pasta dishes for our main - I had penne with onions, chillies, salami, peppers and garlic in a tomato sauce. It was fine and the pasta hot which isn't always the case with some restaurants. I didn't detect the chilli or the salami flavourings but the dish was reasonable but I'm not sure it was worth £8.25. My daughter had Penne Primavera - courgettes, mushrooms, peas, cherry tomatoes and a touch of cream which she enjoyed.

Our bill, which included a coke and two regular glasses of wine came to just over £40. I didn't feel ripped off but it was certainly top end for what we had. All in all we had a nice evening and I'd probably go back because my daughter had a good time. The food was fine but personally it didn't make me want to rush back. Others will no doubt disagree, but if like me you prefer your Indian and Chinese food to Italian I'd be surprised if Abruzzo converted you based on my experience.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

We visited this Italian for our anniversary meal, the first two courses were lovely and although a quiet weekly night the waitress seemed attentive. Having finished the main meal we spent time drinking our wine however after 40 mins we did start to wonder if there was a dessert menu or coffee, the norm?! We blatantly had finished our drinks and looked around several times to catch someone's eye to no avail. The waitress had already left and the owner? seemed to have little interest if his customers required anything else, at his point we felt that if we requested a dessert menu that we would have been timed. Again the only let down was the service and if you don't want to open on a week night then it's simple, don't?